Gransnet forums

Health

Adverts on Gransnet

(5 Posts)
Luckygirl Fri 11-Oct-19 16:14:25

I don't even notice them!!!

MiniMoon Fri 11-Oct-19 14:26:29

I'm on the mobile site, and today I am being offered "tires at Walmart" (I'm not in America) and something about computer viruses.
The others pop up so quickly that I can't catch them.
I usually take no notice of them, but since seeing this thread my attention has been drawn to them.

lizzypopbottle Fri 11-Oct-19 13:42:26

There must be some advantage for GN/MN from this kind of promotion.

If you're considering buying collagen supplements, even with a 15% discount, bear in mind that collagen is derived from animal connective tissue (skin, bones, tendons, ligaments etc.) So is unsuitable for vegetarians and vegans. It is also identical to gelatin, which you can get very cheaply indeed in the baking aisle or by making your own bone broth or slow roasting/stewing the cheaper, tastier cuts of meat.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 11-Oct-19 13:34:02

I take all this with a pinch of salt. Some of these ads make me laugh as they are plain unsuitable for their intended audience. Beauty things can get away with all sorts of claims as they aren't medical, I believe.
Ordinary face cream is good enough for me and I'll bet it's good enough for you too.

Ronnie Fri 11-Oct-19 13:28:52

I am always irritated by the pop up ads that constantly appear on this site, but I understand that they probably pay for the site. What checks do the Gransnet team do to ensure how effective & healthly the ads they select are. I am thinking particularly of the ‘collagen’ ads seen on today’s page. Can anyone reassure me?