Gransnet forums

Health

electric tooth brush EXCELLENT

(14 Posts)
infoman Mon 18-Nov-19 17:41:52

Must share this we all of you,thought long and hard about buying an electric toothbrush.
Best thing I have bought in a long time,I have bought the
mains rechargeable one.Don't seem to have bleeding gums now.

ayse Mon 18-Nov-19 17:51:28

I thoroughly agree. They do a great job of teeth cleaning. Since I’ve used mine plus interdental brushes bleeding gums have gone and my dentist always says what a good job I’ve done.

Jane10 Mon 18-Nov-19 18:01:04

I'm a big fan too! ?

Sara65 Mon 18-Nov-19 18:48:01

Me too, but the battery is dying in mine, I was looking for a replacement at the weekend, so expensive! But I agree, well worth it.

MiniMoon Mon 18-Nov-19 18:53:18

I bought Superdrug's electric rechargeable toothbrush last November. It's a great toothbrush.
I would to use a normal brush now.

CanadianGran Mon 18-Nov-19 21:22:13

I also switched to an electric, but admit I don't like the feeling of it as much as a regular one although it does clean well. So I use the electric in the morning and my regular one at night.

SirChenjin Mon 18-Nov-19 21:26:05

They are fab aren’t they - and the evidence does support their use over manual brushes.

NotTooOld Mon 18-Nov-19 21:37:30

I wish I'd had one from when I was young. I bet I would have kept my own teeth a lot longer than I did! Those water jetters are very good, too. Recommended.

Nandalot Mon 18-Nov-19 22:21:22

Another fan of electric toothbrushes here. I was resistant for a long time because I suffer from sensitive teeth but this has not been a problem. The hygienist is very pleased with the state of my gums now.

grannyqueenie Mon 18-Nov-19 22:29:01

I’ve been using one + plus those little interdental brushes for about 11 years now. It’s made a big difference and I get a thumbs up from the dentist these days!

travelsafar Tue 19-Nov-19 08:19:27

I second all of the above, at the last check up dentist even asked if i was using one as my teeth so clean. I use the little brushes too and i have a small egg timer for the two minutes of brushing. Just wish like other these things were around years ago, maybe i would not have so many fillings!!!

jeanie99 Tue 19-Nov-19 22:04:33

I've flossed and used an electric toothbrush for years now.
You can't get a better clean, wish I could talk hubby into using one but he likes his manual toothbrush best.

Last time I went to the dentist she suggested using the small brushes instead of flossing which is so much easier.

dahlia Fri 22-Nov-19 15:34:45

My gum problems disappeared the minute I began using an electric toothbrush, and now twenty years later I still have fine (if not pretty!) teeth and gums. Like Jeanie 99, my husband won't hear of using such a new-fangled gadget, can't bear the sound "in his head"! I had to buy a new one a few weeks ago and got an OralB basic model for £20 in Tesco - no frills, but does the job!

Franbern Mon 25-Nov-19 20:14:59

Forty years ago, when things were really very difficult financially a dentist told me that I had 'raging gum disease' and would lose all my teeth within five years. Very worrying for a someone just into their forties. Of course, he was trying to scare me into attending his new hygenist and it just was nota financial option. (my husband had developed MS and with six childen we were having to exist on benefits),
The last time I attended the dentist, a month ago, he commented how healthy my gums were. Nearing 79 years old, and having five birth four times, I have only actually lost two teeth.
I take good time each morning and night, using my electric tooth brush which I keep stationery on each tooth for ten seconds. Do outside of tooth and inside separately, takes me about four minutes - so well spent. At night also use interdental brushes and a good mouth wash both times.
One thing I always dreaded was (as my parents had) to have false teeth, with this care I think I will escape that totally,