Gransnet forums

Health

Ibs

(3 Posts)
lavenderzen Mon 13-Jan-20 16:39:29

I am like you I have had IBS for years. I have, during the last twelve months, gone through times when I have had a real ache on the left hand side that goes through to the back, and across, lasts probably about a week, after a bad bout of IBS. It doesn't feel at all like pain from IBS. Dr explained that the colon is a muscle and becomes inflamed with "over use" and age is relative to this.

Mine always settles down and I haven't had it for a while. With me the secret is to keep on top of the IBS before it gets out of control (if that makes sense). I take medication for the IBS every morning and it helps.

Hope you have some help with this and start to feel better.

Newatthis Mon 13-Jan-20 16:28:15

I don't know where you live but there is a very good therapist based in Gloucester who will diagnose exactly what is wrong with you and treat it. If you PM me, I will give you the details.

Christable Fri 03-Jan-20 10:01:16

I’ve had back pain, hip pain, bad at night and after eating. And urgent feeling that I need the loo at times-that make me worry about going places where I don’t know where the loo is, since mid December
I went to the doc mid Dec and he gave me antibiotics for diverticulitis. They did nothing. Went again yesterday (3 weeks later). Knew doctor. He said it’s spasms in the colon and gave me ibs spams reliever tablets.
My question is I’ve had ibs for years on and off with low stomach pain. Never back ache. Has anyone else had ibs with back pains? Back pain that moves from hip to hip - lower back. Back pain that paracetamol and buscapan do not touch. And keep you awake at night.
I feel happier today knowing it’s ibs and not anytime serious but would love to hear your stories.