Gransnet forums

Health

Acne rosacea

(16 Posts)
Caleo Sat 23-Apr-22 12:47:16

I too believe in the demodex mite, and I also believe in persistent bacteria. Tea tree shampoo is good but so is soap and water and thorough washing, also proper shampooing and getting rid of build up. I went to the dr about recurring spots on my nose and did not believe him when he said no known cause.

giulia Sat 23-Apr-22 12:08:17

I have blotchy skin on my upper chest with minute bumps under the skin. Is this acne rosacea. Have had it since suffering from psoriasis a few years back. Also, little bumps under scalp which is a bit itchy.

V3ra Sun 17-Apr-22 20:25:17

Reported

markrob7484 Sun 17-Apr-22 20:19:35

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

george435 Wed 30-Mar-22 12:24:32

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Witzend Wed 15-Jan-20 09:14:05

Whatever it is/was, it’s an awful lot better this morning, so fingers Xed.
Many thanks for all replies.

Yennifer Tue 14-Jan-20 23:08:22

Definitely not parvovirus? I may have spelt that completely wrong.... Slapped cheek?

SalsaQueen Tue 14-Jan-20 22:54:40

It's known just as Rosacea nowadays. IT can sometimes resemble acne but is not connected to acne. It doesn't "just come on".

I'm 60 now and was diagnosed with Rosacea 30 years ago, having been misdiagnosed for years before that.

If you think you might have Rosacea, you need a proper diagnosis. What you have might be something else.

Framilode Tue 14-Jan-20 20:27:11

Apologies for wrong spelling of rosacea.

Framilode Tue 14-Jan-20 20:26:04

I started with roseacea in my thirties in the way you have described, so it could possibly be that. I have never been able to get on top of it and my GP has linked it to various auto immune disorders I have. At the moment I get a severe outbreak approximately once a month. It lasts about a week and feels like an internal burn. Once it has gone the skin on my face peels as if I have been sunburned. If it is roseacea the sooner you get to the GP and start getting treatment the better.

Hetty58 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:18:42

Alexa, the tiny blighters exist alright! I have an allergy to the eyelash mites, on and off, resulting in sore eyelids. I have to wash my face with baby shampoo!

www.healthline.com/health/eyelash-mites#overview

Alexa Tue 14-Jan-20 20:11:59

I believe in the demadex mite. The GP I saw apaprently knew nothing about him but I scrubbed my eyebrows with tea tree shampoo and rinsed well twice a day and I stopped getting little spots on my nose.

Witzend Tue 14-Jan-20 19:38:10

Thank you both.
It's not too bad, so I'll see how it goes. Will try those products you mentioned.
Funny what you said about stress, ENO, it happened right after I'd spent several days at dd's house, having gone there while she was in labour with no. 3, and afterwards generally helping and looking after the 3 and 4 year olds. Not that I particularly felt stressed at the time, but.....!

cornergran Tue 14-Jan-20 17:58:51

It could well be witzend but do get it checked. I guessed at rosacea for years until a GP I worked with asked what treatment I was having for my seborrheic dermatitis. Saw my GP who agreed and treatment cleared it relatively quickly. It flares when I’m stressed but settles fairly quickly now. You may indeed have rosacea but worth checking. I find Avene facial products really soothing and good for reducing redness. Whatever it is I hope you can find some relief.

ExperiencedNotOld Tue 14-Jan-20 17:45:34

Yes, suffered on and off for years, mostly in short bouts, sometimes with years in between. I believe an outbreak comes at a time of stress albeit (they think) caused by the presence of the demadex mite and the extraordinary histamine reaction by sufferers. The most recent bout was my most extreme and needed an antibiotic to get on top of it. What’s really made a difference is cleaning my face with a lavender and olive oil soap and using Child’s Farm baby moisturiser (Google it, available in supermarkets for a fiver) underneath usual moisturiser. Avoid too much sun and too much booze!

Witzend Tue 14-Jan-20 16:48:28

At least I think that's what it is - came on quite suddenly the other day. Flushed cheeks and forehead, skin feeling rough, lots of minute little bumps under the skin.

Dh didn't even notice, so it's evidently not too horrific, and it does seem slightly better today, but just wondering whether anyone else has had it, and if so, did you find any remedy that worked?
I've googled, of course, but nothing looked very promising.