Gransnet forums

Health

Interview with a recovered CoVid19 case describing his experience.

(5 Posts)
Elegran Sat 14-Mar-20 09:33:02

One of Scotland's first cases of coronavirus has spoken to the BBC to describe his experience of the illness. www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51876080

The Covid-19 patient said he wanted to provide reassurance for the majority of people who are expected to make a full recovery.

(The recording is on Drivetime at www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000fg5t but was "not currently available" when I looked)

Septimia Sat 14-Mar-20 09:44:25

Interesting.

I wish there was more information about how many people are known to have recovered (total numbers will probably be as difficult to assess as total numbers of those who have become ill but not needed medical care).

It's all very well saying how many are ill and how many have died, but we could do with some positive news too!

vampirequeen Sat 14-Mar-20 09:52:36

There are reports that 5000 to 10000 have probably had it and most haven't realised. That's why the Government have stopped bothering to test people.

SirChenjin Sat 14-Mar-20 09:58:07

It’s great to have positive stories and he’s absolutely right in saying that for most it will be mild symptoms. However it’s all about protecting vulnerable people and ensuring capacity is kept within the health services to ensure that these vulnerable people and others who need hospital care for other things can still access it - so while it’s vital that we don’t panic as we’re starting to see and that we exercise common sense it’s also important that we don’t get complacent. A bit of a balancing act I think.

Elegran Sat 14-Mar-20 10:42:17

The more positive information and experiences are reported, the less panic buying and general selfishness there should be among people who will almost certainly just get a mild time when/if they do catch it. There will always be some, though, who won't be satisfied unless they are prepared for Armageddon.