Gransnet forums

Health

You have query

(10 Posts)
CherryCezzy Fri 20-Mar-20 22:30:49

Danne to answer your last question: it's possible, like anyone else still interacting in the workplace, that you will be exposed to a higher risk. From what I have understood from information provided earlier today is that social distancing measures will be stipulated and need to be adhered to. As for the last part of your question, only you can answer that.

Danne Fri 20-Mar-20 21:46:28

Thank you all for your answers really helpful. Now another question: I am 65 my DH is 63. He has type 2 diabetes. I am a teacher working 2 days a week. I now will be working with 'key worker' children although our school have a rota system and am doing 1 week in, 2 weeks off. Am I now more at risk and should I think about refusing to work?

EllanVannin Fri 20-Mar-20 21:30:21

Each year the 'flu jab is a year behind from viruses that were doing their rounds the previous year so until /unless we catch up with on-going viruses the jabs we have in winter are deemed useless.

For the past 3 Christmas's I've had no protection whatsoever from what's been floating around and have unfortunately been pretty ill.

By the time a vaccine is found for this present virus, there'll be yet another virus to take its place which will need a different vaccine. A SARS vaccine would have offered more protection last winter in preparation for this one as viruses seem to do their rounds in cycles as the Coronavirus is very similar.

MawB Fri 20-Mar-20 21:27:54

No connection Danne

Hetty58 Fri 20-Mar-20 21:23:01

“The main conclusion,” Dr. Murthy continued, “is that children are infected at rates that may be comparable to adults, with severity that’s much less, but that even within the kids, there’s a spectrum of illness and there’s a handful that require more aggressive therapy.”

www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/health/coronavirus-childen.html

Hetty58 Fri 20-Mar-20 21:17:57

I don't think they are less susceptible, just far more likely to have a mild version of the illness and display few or no symptoms.

Danne Fri 20-Mar-20 21:05:43

Marydoll, thank you yes I wondered if anyone had done a correlation between the two. Children now receive the flu nasal spray and seem less susceptible to the viras.

Marydoll Fri 20-Mar-20 11:54:40

Danne The flu jab doesn't protect against Coronavirus, is that what you are wondering about?

ninathenana Fri 20-Mar-20 11:54:07

I hope I don't know anyone who has contracted CV.

Danne Fri 20-Mar-20 11:52:35

I am sorry if this question has already been answered but does anyone know someone who had a flu jab this year and who has also contracted CV?