Gransnet forums

Health

Boris has got it

(25 Posts)
B9exchange Fri 27-Mar-20 12:05:40

Please can I implore Gransnetters not to make capital out of this. No matter what your opinion of him, this is a man now suffering along with many in this Country, and please can we just wish him a safe recovery?

Marmight Fri 27-Mar-20 12:07:19

There are 2 other threads on the go B9
(i agree with you ?)

B9exchange Fri 27-Mar-20 12:07:58

Yes, I think we all hit the send button at once! grin Feel free to ignore mine!

ExD Fri 27-Mar-20 12:09:13

Oh dear, I suppose he was putting himself up to get shot down, I did wonder why parliament carried on meeting for so long after it advised the rest of us to stay at home.
I don't care what you think of his politics, if he has it badly enough to put him out of action - who on earth would you trust to take his place?

paddyanne Fri 27-Mar-20 12:37:34

didn't look as if he was suffering when he was shown on TV this morning .A wee bit of real suffering might make him more human an dsee what the public has to deal with

tinaf1 Fri 27-Mar-20 13:47:47

confused

BlueSky Fri 27-Mar-20 13:48:05

Surely nobody can be pleased that somebody famous got this dreaded virus even if you don't like their politics or you are not a royalist! Nobody can escape this
time, young old rich or poor.sad

Rosalyn69 Fri 27-Mar-20 13:50:20

I didn’t think he looked well the last time he was on TV. I’m sorry he’s suffering.

Sparklefizz Fri 27-Mar-20 14:26:19

How unkind you are paddyanne didn't look as if he was suffering when he was shown on TV this morning .A wee bit of real suffering might make him more human an dsee what the public has to deal with

Iam64 Fri 27-Mar-20 15:23:58

That comment about MrJ ' not looking as if he was suffering when he was shown on tv this morning ...' has to be one of the most unnecessarily angry, unkind and bitter that I've read on gransnet. That says a lot, given the level of negativity currently on display.
Get well soon, everyone who has this awful virus.

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Mar-20 15:27:07

What a dreadful thing to say, paddyanne.

Lucca Fri 27-Mar-20 15:28:27

Surely we don’t need more thread on the same thing

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-Mar-20 15:29:49

When you thought a GN poster couldn't go any lower.................. and then they do!!!

ExD Fri 27-Mar-20 15:36:08

Aww c'mon, she was just stating a fact because he didn't look too different from normal, and I reckon he was trying very hard to look in control - that's his job after all. Cut paddyanne a bit of slack here.
I hope he soon feels better again, incidentally who do you suggest to step into his shoes?
This may not be the place - but when do you think we'll get a coalition government as we had during the war, so they can all work together and cease the inter-party bickering?

AGAA4 Fri 27-Mar-20 15:51:13

I think he did look unwell. He has got it so he can't be feeling well. Nasty virus even for people who only have "mild" symptoms.

tinaf1 Fri 27-Mar-20 19:47:49

Spot on Granny Gravy

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Mar-20 23:10:44

“Aww c’mon” nothing - it was a terrible thing to say.
Whatever your political leanings, there’s no excuse to suggest “that a wee bit of real suffering might make him more human and see what the public has to deal with”. He is ill, he is suffering, all be it mildly, and, believe it or not, he’s a human being. I wouldn’t wish ill health on the man or on anybody, come to that, whatever their class or political persuasion. Have a bit of humanity, for goodness sake, especially now.

Chewbacca Fri 27-Mar-20 23:17:21

Agree with grannygravy. I don't always agree with paddyann and admit that I sometimes find her outspokeness a bit much. But her statement @ 12.37 today wasn't"outspoken"; it was crass and callous and it said a great deal more about her, in that one post, than anything else she's posted before. Shame on you paddyann.

dollymcg Fri 27-Mar-20 23:27:47

No, I'm not going to make any capital out of this...
I wish him a good recovery, as I do all victims of this dreadful disease
His handling of this situation has been sadly lacking - herd immunity was the way forward, suggesting that sixty percent of the community catching this disease, would be a good thing
It turned out it wasn't such a good idea in the end...

Magsymoo Sat 28-Mar-20 06:52:31

If you are a leader then you have to lead by example. Johnson has not done that, he has blatantly disregarded the rules he has imposed on the rest of us. Initially he refused to be tested, he boasted about shaking hands in a recent hospital visit and he has continued to disregard social distancing. By this behaviour he has put countless others at risk.

Firecracker123 Sat 28-Mar-20 07:07:41

What utter tosh.

Get well soon Boris.

eazybee Sat 28-Mar-20 08:39:28

One wonders about Paddyanne, if this how she really thinks, in which case, poor type, or if her posts are designed deliberately to shock anyone south of the border.

Franbern Sat 28-Mar-20 10:50:01

I must admit to being slightly puzzled as to how long all this lockdown, self-isolation, closure of business can go on. As it is highly unlikely that any vaccine or cure is going to be in place for at least 18 months - it seems as if the present policy is just to hold back the flood of CV19 cases until other things are in place.
So, once they have all those Conference Centres in cities up and runnng as enormous hospitals, once there are more ventilators in place, once more NHS staff have proper protective clothing - then they will start to lift all the lockdown and try to get the country back to something approaching normal working.
Obviously, those of us who have been is isolation - will then come out and many of us will then contract this virus. Hopefully, for many it would be mild, for a few making them seriously ill and for some fatal.
Being in isolation now is not going to prevent us catching this, it is just postponing it,. Do wonder how many people realise and accept this.

Magsymoo Sat 28-Mar-20 12:50:41

Facts, Firecracker, facts. You can argue against opinions but not facts. In an exponentially increasing situation, if I can potentially infect many others by getting too close to others in a queue, then so can Johnson getting too close to people in meetings etc. He should lead by example.

Patsy70 Sat 28-Mar-20 14:31:26

I wish Boris a speedy recovery from this evil virus. I also wonder what will happen when we come out of isolation. It is highly likely that we will become victims, but the new hospitals, ventilators and protective clothing for NHS staff will be in place once the numbers increase. I feel inclined to continue to isolate until a test is available, to see if I'm immune, or can be vaccinated.