Gransnet forums

Health

Do you live in Wiltshire or BaNES?

(4 Posts)
ILCSemington Tue 28-Apr-20 13:12:27

Hello,

(I'm hoping this is allowed as we're a registered charity (1000659) and we're not looking for donations/fundraising, but please report my message if I've broken any rules)

The Independent Living Centre is a charity in Semington, Wiltshire. We offer free and impartial advice to older people and people with a long-term medical condition or disability living in Wiltshire or BaNES, to help them remain independent in their own homes.

This is usually done through assessments with our Occupational Therapist, however due to Covid-19 we are no longer able to offer face-to-face appointments. Our OT is still offering telephone or email advice however, and we can still post information packs out to people. We can also offer advice and information to family members and professionals, e.g. carers, NHS staff, Adult Social Care staff, care agencies etc.

Our other main service is benefits advice. We have a fantastic Welfare Benefits Adviser who can not only help people learn what they may be entitled to, but also help them fill in the paperwork, and even help with appeals if the claim is turned down.

All advice is free of charge to anyone living in Wiltshire or BaNES.

We're just trying to raise a bit more awareness about our service, as we feel it's more important than ever to make sure that people who may feel vulnerable are getting the support they need during these worrying times.

If you live in Wiltshire or BaNES and think we might be able to help you, or a friend or a family member, please get in touch with us on [email protected]

If you live in Wiltshire or BaNES and just want to help support us, please like/follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and share some of our posts.

To find out more about us, please see our website:
www.ilc.org.uk
and our social media:
www.facebook.com/ILCSemington
www.twitter.com/ILCSemington

Or just post any questions here and I'll come back to answer them.

Many thanks!

ILCSemington Wed 29-Apr-20 16:11:57

I've just noticed a problem with the link to our website - it should just be ilc.org.uk, for some reason it doesn't work with www. in front of it. Apologies for any confusion!

Marmight Wed 29-Apr-20 16:16:53

Thanks for the info. I am in North Wilts. Hale & hearty but will bear you in mind for anyone else who needs help (or for the future?)

ILCSemington Wed 29-Apr-20 17:32:19

@Marmight that's brilliant, thank you for your support smile