Gransnet forums

Health

Give praise where it is due

(11 Posts)
paddyanne Fri 01-May-20 21:42:38

our surgery is seeing people ,my friends dad called this morning ,spoke to his GP and was told to make his way to the surgery.He was one of only 2 patients in the waiting room ...well spaced and seen right away.The GP made an appointment with the hospital for Monday He is most impressed

clementine Fri 01-May-20 20:09:32

Totally agree, I rang GP this morning at 8:30, got through straight away , normally you have to be constantly re trying ! Asked to speak to GP. Got a call back 10 minutes later with a telephone consultation, prescription sent to pharmacist and I picked it up half an hour later. Amazing .

phoenix Fri 01-May-20 18:10:57

Gagajo yes, I had to, but they were very tastefully done, and only showed my upper right buttock!

(There is actually a thread about it)

BlueSky Fri 01-May-20 17:23:15

Yes even telephone appointments have been really good, obviously if the GP needed to examine us they would arrange that. Also to my horror my poor DH had to visit A&E and he was only the second patient there, another positive experience!

GagaJo Fri 01-May-20 16:56:08

phoenix, did you REALLY send photographs of your bum to the GP? shock

GagaJo Fri 01-May-20 16:55:15

Daughter had a telephone consultation with the paediatrician today about grandson's allergy. It was just as useful as a face to face on, other than poor mobile phone signal. Possibly more so because at least little but loud grandson wasn't causing havoc in the doctor's office!

phoenix Fri 01-May-20 15:34:45

Apparently the photos of my "problem" weren't good enough, but it's ok because it's dropped off now!

But I agree, the things that can be achieved currently are very good.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-May-20 15:23:18

The other thing I think would be so good is that I unfortunately had to use the ambulance service at the beginning of this crises.
The paramedics triaged me at home.

When I got to the A&E it was a haven of peace, calm and professionalism, unlike other visits which have been unbelievably busy.

The paramedics said that I was the first one they’d taken to A&E that shift.

That sounds a brilliant way forward.

kittylester Fri 01-May-20 15:01:45

The same thing happened to me last week BlueBelle. I think it's brilliant!

Tangerine Fri 01-May-20 14:38:21

I agree with you. Like you, I think it won't suit everyone and it certainly won't suit people who can't use a smartphone or computer.

BlueBelle Fri 01-May-20 14:02:10

Every now and then we all may need a prescription but not be particularly ill I wanted to speak to a doctor for a non emergency problem and since this Virus more appointments have been done over the telephone or by email I was a bit sceptical, however I filled in a non emergency form online last evening about 6pm outlined what I would like to discuss I ticked a box that asked for contact within 7 days
At 9.30 this morning, 15 hours after me emailing the form over to them, a doctor contacted me talked to me Fully over the phone and made recommendations of a prescription This was electronically sent to the pharmacy and picked up for me about an hour later
Now I do believe that many more health issues should be dealt with this way even when we are back to normal it says waiting three weeks for an appointment etc etc of course it wouldn’t work for everybody and may not be accepted by some but I would think a big amount of non emergency not complicated cases could go this route and leave the doctors freer for more serious cases