Gransnet forums

Health

Exhausted

(9 Posts)
BlueBelle Sun 21-Jun-20 15:19:08

I don’t think everybody is feeling like it I think motivation has been more difficult during lockdown but you should still have energy to want to eat etc especially if you have a husband around (it’s easier to go downhill on your own)
I think you need to contact your doctor again asking for some blood tests if nothing shows up then maybe it is low mood and exercise would be a good start

BlueSky Sun 21-Jun-20 15:15:06

Your GP should check for thyroid, diabetes, anemia to start with, then could investigate depression. Then they can start recommending exercise. Poor response from your doctor!

grandtanteJE65 Sun 21-Jun-20 13:53:10

Go for short walks.

Check your food. Are you getting sufficient vitamin C and fluids?

Perhaps you should allow yourself a couple of days in bed?

After that you will need to get up, whether you feel like it or not.

If this isn't related to the lockdown, you need to insist on a proper medical examination.

Urmstongran Sat 20-Jun-20 19:18:03

Maybe get your thyroid function checked? And your zinc levels.

Welshwife Sat 20-Jun-20 18:47:47

Most of the people I know feel like that - both U.K. and here -at the moment. We were talking to a friend a couple of days ago and she said the same with all her friends and neighbours. DH piped up that he had been reading in the local paper (France) a report that a doctor and his nurse have had so many patients complaining of this tiredness etc that they have set up a phone line! He is convinced it is to do with the virus and the lockdown etc having an effect on people.

ladymuck Sat 20-Jun-20 18:40:55

Have you had any kind of illness recently? Even the common cold can leave you feeling lethargic.

sodapop Sat 20-Jun-20 18:09:23

Starblaze is right. If there is no medical cause for lack of energy then your Dr is right also, start with very small amounts of exercise, something not too strenuous and build on it. I give myself a small treat if I complete something like that. You will find yourself doing more and enjoying it before long. I hope you feel better soon.

Starblaze Sat 20-Jun-20 16:05:46

Maybe you could ask for blood tests to rule out any deficiencies. Are you feeling low? Depression can cause low energy, low motivation and sleeping a lot. Deficiencies can also cause depression so I think a blood test would be a good first step

ExD Sat 20-Jun-20 15:58:52

I have no energy. I have no motivation. I wouldn't bother to eat if I didn't have a husband to cook for, all I want to do is sleep.
How can I find some energy?

(PS phone call to GP resulted in advice to get some exercise)