Gransnet forums


What's causing my tummy pain? (pic included)

(12 Posts)
MaryTheBookeeper Mon 29-Jun-20 20:50:15

For the last month I've developed a sharp pain in one specific spot (see pic, x marks the spot). It's worse when I get hungry but it also hurts more very quickly after eating. Thankfully it's not very disabling but this is unlike me. Please have a look at the location & tell me what you think. My mother used to suffer a lot with stomach ulcers & I'm wondering if this is what I've got? I hope not. What do you think?

midgey Mon 29-Jun-20 21:07:30

Check with your GP not here!

sodapop Mon 29-Jun-20 21:11:01

What midgey said.

BlueBelle Mon 29-Jun-20 21:13:26

I m amazed how people come on here expecting a medical diagnosis
Ring or email you GP They are doing telephone calls and video calls so you can show them
No one on an Internet forum can or should give you a diagnosis

MaryTheBookeeper Mon 29-Jun-20 21:22:13

I wasn't expecting a diagnosis, just asking for ideas of what lies in that spot inside or perhaps others have had the same thing..

clementine Mon 29-Jun-20 21:26:46

Upper left sided pain can be a number of things, definitely need to seek proper medical advice . May be due to something simple like trapped wind , or more serious so best to be examined by a qualified medical practitioner .

BlueSky Mon 29-Jun-20 21:30:50

Yes sounds like a stomach ulcer. But see your GP, some ulcers nowadays can be cured with a course of antibiotics.

BlueBelle Mon 29-Jun-20 21:31:01

Well she’s had it a month so doubt it’s trapped wind Clementine
Give your doctor a call mary

Franbern Tue 30-Jun-20 09:14:44

oh dear, so dangerous anyone other than a qualified medical practitioner to attempt to make any sort of diagnosis.

Telephone your GP, talk to them on the phone, if they feel it necessary for you to have a proper examination, they will arrange it.

Best to do that and not worry.

ElaineI Tue 30-Jun-20 21:29:50

It does sound like an ulcer Mary. so you need to see GP - they are still seeing patients with these kind of symptoms. They will possibly start you on a tablet to reduce acid and may do some tests.

Peardrop50 Tue 30-Jun-20 21:42:36

Good advice on here. Don't speculate. Phone your GP. Come back and tell us how you get on, hope you feel better soon.

JenniferEccles Wed 01-Jul-20 13:54:43

Oh Mary you will get the same response on here as everyone does who effectively asks non medic strangers to come up with a diagnosis.

You need to see your GP.
With the best will in the world suggestions on here can only be speculation can’t they?