Gransnet forums

Health

positive fit test result

(12 Posts)
Ilovecheese Sun 05-Jul-20 10:57:05

jillgood I have had a ct scan last week, what they were calling a virtual colonoscopy. Am waiting for the results, which they said would take about two weeks. So I am in a similar place as yourself.

Juliet27 Sun 05-Jul-20 10:46:47

Ah yes...would rather than would not! ?

BlueBelle Sun 05-Jul-20 10:05:14

juliette be careful you get the right bluebelle though ??

jacq10 Sun 05-Jul-20 08:51:03

Jillgood you did the right thing by seeking advice on this site. I have pm'd you.

BlueSky Sun 05-Jul-20 08:50:01

Jill I didn't know they now offer a ct scan instead of a colonoscopy. I would go for the scan as it is non invasive. Try not to google as it always worries me rather than reassure, it can be many things not just the serious ones. flowers

Marydoll Sun 05-Jul-20 08:25:10

Sorry, predictive text!!? Jillgood

Juliet27 Sun 05-Jul-20 08:25:03

Haha..snap Marydoll

Juliet27 Sun 05-Jul-20 08:24:04

jillgood just click on the words private message next to Bluebells name

Marydoll Sun 05-Jul-20 08:23:35

Hollywood, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.
An easy way to message someone is look at a post of the person you want to message and at the top right hand corner of their post, you will see, Add comment, report, private message, quote.
Click on private message, that will take you to your In box, where you will be able to send a message to that particular poster.

I hope things work out for you.

jillgood Sun 05-Jul-20 08:16:29

Hi Bluebellwould, Thank you for your reply, lhave only just joined and l do not know how to privately message you.
Please can you tell me how l could do that.

Bluebellwould Sun 05-Jul-20 02:21:05

Hi jillgood, I am sorry you, like me, have no one to talk to about this so I’m just dropping you a quick message. A fit test shows the presence of blood but this could be from piles or a scratch from taking the sample. Please don’t panic if you can manage it, don’t borrow trouble as my mum used to say. I also wouldn’t google symptoms either as it can convince you that you have the most dreadful diseases possible and will make you very stressed out. If you want to private message me you are more than welcome, I will look for your post tomorrow. Try and get some rest if you can.

jillgood Sun 05-Jul-20 01:57:11

l have just had a positive fit test results and l am so frightened because they want me to have either a colonoscopy or ct scan or wait and see. lt is waiting for the results l cannot cope with l am on my own with no close friends l am utterly scared can anyone help to calm or reassure me please.