Gransnet forums

Health

Grass Pollen will it ever go away this year?

(7 Posts)
Riversidegirl Mon 20-Jul-20 12:24:58

High grass pollen count seems to be going on for ever this year! Anyone else still suffering? I used to take Benadryl until I was told it is not good to take if you are over 65! Now use Loratadine, but eventually it seems stop working. Have resorted to a decongestant today.

Evie64 Tue 21-Jul-20 19:45:46

I am really suffering still. Sneezing, coughing and runny eyes. Every time I cough people move away. I'm thinking of putting a sign on my head "It's not Covid, it's hayfever!" grin

60no Tue 21-Jul-20 20:04:44

So bad this year can't stop sneezing today and I have prescription antihistamines! Hope you both feel better soon.

merlotgran Tue 21-Jul-20 20:26:37

Yes, it's bad this year. I wake up every morning so croaky I can barely speak. Loratadine sorts it out but if I've been outside all day I often get jelly legs in the evening.

Tree pollen is worse for me though. Thank goodness that's over.

Callistemon Tue 21-Jul-20 20:32:35

Apparently it is weed pollen now, according to the weather forecaster.

I hope it disappears soon, for all who are suffering

Riversidegirl Tue 28-Jul-20 10:22:59

Eased off a bit now, but the next 3 days are high! Then low on Saturday. How long can you take Loratadine for? I took Ceterizine (sp) one year for a few months while we were doing a garden revamp, and in the end I got missing heart beats and had to go for tests! Nothing wrong with me but stress and the pills.

felice Tue 28-Jul-20 11:18:37

My DD asks the same question, even worse as she works on the Deli/sandwich section in our local shop.
Masked all the time but red streaming eyes and trying not to sneeze are not a good look at any time especially now.