Gransnet forums

Health

Anyone had Helibacter pylori infection

(19 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Mon 31-Aug-20 10:54:29

thanks Shropshire, ive actually got manuka in the cupboard sadly it’s lower than 50 think it’s 10, so obv not strong enough, but I will try and find the higher one:

MerylStreep Mon 31-Aug-20 09:19:30

Ginger in boiling water works wonders for cramps/ bloating/ nausea.
It doesn't have to be fresh. The jar stuff works just as well.

Shropshirelass Mon 31-Aug-20 09:04:46

My husband was found to have it, it causes ulcers etc. He couldn't have the treatment with two antibiotics as he also had some inflammation. I found out that Manuka Honey UMF 50+ could kill the bacteria. One teaspoon four times a day taken on an empty stomach. He did this for three months and felt so much better. Might be worth trying.

Maggiemaybe Mon 31-Aug-20 08:58:45

Yes, I’ve had it, three years ago. Diagnosed and treated within a fortnight after I mentioned to my GP that I was having indigestion and occasional reflux. I wasn’t happy though with having to take more antibiotics in one week than I’d had before in my lifetime, so when the symptoms popped up again a year later I bought some acidophilus capsules. A week taking these daily and the indigestion was gone. I now take a tablet for a couple of days if I ever feel the slightest twinge and it works for me.

BlueSky Mon 31-Aug-20 08:27:22

Any of you feel unwell too when having these spells of bad stomach? I find it weird and wonder whether it's a virus related thing. Can't wait to get to the bottom of this!

TrendyNannie6 Sun 30-Aug-20 21:37:10

Nono. It hasn’t helped that I am on steriods and have been continuously for several years, maintenance dose, I’ve seen the antibiotics you have to take for Hp I’m allergic to two of them, hopefully would be able to take dif ones, but as I have autoimmune liver disease that also doesn’t help matters either, three days ago I had a thyroid biopsy so I’m feeling in the wars, but I’m def going to contact my drs Tuesday morning. I need to get to the bottom of all this pain, reflux and nausea breathlessness

Nonogran Sun 30-Aug-20 21:04:33

Hello TrendyN6,
My late husband suffered from gut pain for years & years. Everytime we ate out he'd wake in the night with terrible guts ache. Suspected ulcer, Gaviscon and other drugs prescribed throughout the years. Then, long story, but I heard about HP. GP listened, did a test, came back positive for HP! Antibiotics cured him and hey presto, happy hubby!
Latterly, I too have suffered reflux, pain, doubled up with it sometimes but then ....tooth abscess occured. Dentist prescribed antibiotics for it two years last May. Suddenly no pain, no reflux, no more distressing nights, no more Omeprazole or antacids! Could those antibiotics have "cured" my abscess & gut pain? Who knows but I'm so relieved.

Justwidowed Sun 30-Aug-20 20:19:27

My husband had it a few years ago.It was diagnosed by consultant and soon cleared with lansoprazole.It did however cause us to cancel a forthcoming cruise for which we were refunded.The insurance company then refused to cover him for any future travel.

BlueSky Sun 30-Aug-20 20:13:13

Thanks Fennel I'm asking because I've had this stomach gnawing pain on and off for the last two years.

Fennel Sun 30-Aug-20 19:48:11

Bluesky - it's a long story but basically I have a prescription for lansoprazole - an antacid -which take when the symptoms start up.

biba70 Sun 30-Aug-20 19:25:06

Yes I did. Horrible and took me ages to recover.

TrendyNannie6 Sun 30-Aug-20 19:18:51

Why I’m asking is, I am suffering from breathlessness reflux really bad, nausea and pressure pain all over stomach, having awful taste in mouth coming up from stomach, going to ring drs on Tuesday, did wonder whether this could be stomach ulcer: and then read about HP

BlueSky Sun 30-Aug-20 18:36:23

Fennel please tell me all about your recurring small ulcer!

BlueSky Sun 30-Aug-20 18:34:42

How timely! Lately I've been plagued by stomach ache, early hours of the morning when empty is worse, better as soon as I get myself a cup of tea and biscuits. Been wondering whether I indeed got an ulcer or similar. Could very well be HP (not the sauce)! Will see the GP Tuesday.

Jane10 Sun 30-Aug-20 18:20:14

DH had it. He'd been mainlining Rennies for months before I found out what was going on. I suspected Helicobacter and made him go to GP. All sorted very quickly and easily.

GrandmasueUK Sun 30-Aug-20 17:57:32

I've had it twice, discovered through routine gastroscopy and had no symptoms. It was treated with antibiotics.

Doodledog Sun 30-Aug-20 17:45:52

Yes, I had HP. I had no symptoms - it was found when I had tests for something else, and easily treated with antibiotics.

Fennel Sun 30-Aug-20 17:41:55

This is the one which can cause gastritis and stomach ulcers.
I have a small recurrent stomach ulcer but acc. to tests mine's not caused by HP.
My type is treated with antibiotics.

TrendyNannie6 Sun 30-Aug-20 17:15:26

Interested to know if anyone has had this, and how it affected them