Gransnet forums

Health

After effects of flu jab

(8 Posts)
TheReadingRoom Wed 14-Oct-20 09:40:07

OH & I had our flu jabs a week ago. He's fine, but the day after I had upset stomach and spent most of the day throwing up/sitting on the loo.

But I still have a queasy tum a week later - is this usual?

Luckygirl Wed 14-Oct-20 09:47:02

Not heard of this - hope you will feel better soon.

harrigran Wed 14-Oct-20 09:51:57

More likely you encountered someone with a tummy bug. DIL was ill like that last week, she works from home but drops GDs off at school.

Patsy70 Fri 16-Oct-20 15:45:32

I had a flu, plus the pneumonia, jab yesterday morning and am feeling quite poorly, like a mild dose of flu really. My upper arm, the site of the injections, is heavy and achy, I have a bad headache and am generally aching, no appetite and very tired. It seems to affect people in different ways. I've only had one before and it didn't feel like this. Hope you're better soon.

PECS Fri 16-Oct-20 15:47:26

perhabs youbate something that disagreed with you. May be totally unrelated to your vaccination.

Greyduster Fri 16-Oct-20 16:46:22

Patsy70 DH had the same symptoms as you after his flu jab this year - he’s not suffered in this way after previous jabs. It lasted twenty four hours and then he was fine. Hope you feel better soon.

Charleygirl5 Fri 16-Oct-20 18:16:33

All of the years I have been having flu jabs luckily I have never ever had a problem afterwards. I do not understand why some are poorly and others like me sail through it.

I am talking about normally well people, not those who are immuno compromised.

Patsy70 Fri 16-Oct-20 19:11:32

Thank you, Greyduster. The combination of the flu and pneumonia vaccines may have caused a reaction. Luckily, I’m normally healthy.