Gransnet forums

Health

Veins

(7 Posts)
Chloejo Tue 20-Oct-20 08:40:33

I have rather horrible lumpy veins I wondered if anyone on here has had any treatment? And was it successful I would love to wear nice dresses instead of maxi ones to hide my legs S I’m embarrassed also to go swimming

Calendargirl Tue 20-Oct-20 11:23:49

Cannot help, but have bumped this as I’m sure someone else can.

silverlining48 Tue 20-Oct-20 11:58:47

Varicose veins used to be stripped but dont think its done as frequently now. Do they cause pain? If so you might speak to your doctor.

Esspee Tue 20-Oct-20 12:25:55

I’ve had varicose veins stripped. Simple op, home the same day. (Pre Covid)

Dee1012 Tue 20-Oct-20 12:41:50

I had the procedure last year (October), done as a day patient, well in and out within 5 hours!
Mine was NHS as I had a lot of issues...lumpy veins gone but I do have some marking left, nothing major though.

Toadinthehole Tue 20-Oct-20 12:48:29

I’ve had them done in the past, and been very pleased. It’s difficult to get them on the NHS now. I know a few years ago, when my son lived in. Cumbria, they were done on NHS, but not down here in the Southeast. His veins are quite bad, but now he’s living down here too, it’s a no go. I still have injections from time to time if needed, but have to pay privately.

Chloejo Fri 23-Oct-20 11:40:34

I’m just wondering how painful this will be I’m ok with most medical stuff I’ve had done but veins make me feel very squeamish and I dread the procedure but I want them done so baldly for next summer as if I go abroad I can’t wear shorts as feel embarrassed