Gransnet forums

Health

Blood Pressure Monitor Implant

(6 Posts)
EllanVannin Fri 23-Oct-20 16:38:16

Luckygirl, I think 20mg is the therapeutic or mainenance dose as it's called that's normally given depending on the cause of your AF. I could be wrong but usually you're started off with a smaller dose. Maybe the GP/hospital think it necessary to take 20mg ?

It was the hospital that increased my dosage last December after having had an intravenous cardioversion the previous September. I rarely see my GP, she's hopeless.

Luckygirl Fri 23-Oct-20 15:58:40

I am taking riveroxaban 20mg each day due to AF. When I had to have an ambulance out the other week because of it, the paramedic commented that this was quite a high dose. Are others taking this dose for AF?

EllanVannin Fri 23-Oct-20 14:56:35

Although I have AF myself I haven't had such a procedure, just the Echocardiogram which didn't pick up anything out of the ordinary, thank goodness and thank goodness I have only had one " do " so far this year due to an increase in Bisoprolol. Last year I was hospitalized twice.

I would say mine is anxiety-related more than anything as I've had AF for over 30 years----which appeared with the menopause ( wouldn't you know it ? ) giving the connection between that and severe migraines.

Marydoll Fri 23-Oct-20 14:27:07

I think that's amazing. I have had an echo scan, nothing to it.
Well apart from the fact I had labyrinthitis on top of everything else and was throwing up everywhere. Too much info!!! grin

midgey Fri 23-Oct-20 14:14:56

Haven’t even heard of this, wow! Modern medicine is truly amazing,

onaclearday Fri 23-Oct-20 14:08:14

I saw a cardiologist on Tuesday and he suggested implanting a blood pressure monitor. My BP is always high when visiting hospital or surgery therefore I have my own monitor and take readings over a period of time and take them with me. Apparently it is a simple procedure to implant in my chest, it is about the size of a pen drive. He suspects AF so I also have to have an echo scan. Has anyone experienced any of this? TIA