Gransnet forums

Health

Gagging...

(10 Posts)
farview Thu 05-Nov-20 15:50:46

Thank you all...I'm going to give each suggestion a try.

Nortsat Thu 05-Nov-20 15:05:37

This is a constant issue for me, related to my breathing issues and lung problems. I do often vomit as a result.

It often happens at the dentist too. My dentist advised me to breath deeply through my nose. Of course it’s not always possible if you’re bunged up with mucus ... however it sometimes works for me. May be worth a try Farview?

geera Thu 05-Nov-20 13:59:47

This happens to me sometimes. Try clenching your thumb (whichever one you're not holding the brush in) with your four fingers. Oddly, it seems to work.

vampirequeen Thu 05-Nov-20 13:10:33

I have chronic sinusitis and gagging/choking is a problem so it may well be the catarrh that's causing you to have this issue.

Parsley3 Thu 05-Nov-20 09:39:01

Cattarh is a constant nuisance for me. I use one of those facial steamers with a few drops of eucalyptus oil when it gets too bad and that gives me a few days respite.

Shropshirelass Thu 05-Nov-20 09:36:30

My Mom suffers from terrible catarrh, she uses Sterimar nasal spray, pure seawater. It does help. She has suffered for years with no apparent reason.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 05-Nov-20 09:33:40

It must be the catarrh which is making it worse, surely? Could you try and clear it before you clean your teeth? I've got quite a strong gag reflex and have to take care so I sympathise.

BlueSky Thu 05-Nov-20 09:29:28

My DH gets that on a fairly regular basis, he has blamed me for changing toothpaste so perhaps that’s the case?

DanniRae Thu 05-Nov-20 08:45:15

Yes I have. It's normally when life is a bit stressful but I don't understand what the connection is.

Sorry I can't be more helpful......confused

farview Thu 05-Nov-20 07:56:23

Last couple of days..when cleaning my teeth....it makes me gag really badly...feel like am going to be sick into the wash basin...have a lot of catarrh at the moment..could that be why? Has anyone else ever had this problem?