Health

Pressure pain in stomach

(19 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Thu 12-Nov-20 18:37:21

Thankyou very much BlueSky counting down the days

BlueSky Thu 12-Nov-20 16:02:35

Glad you are back Trendy! The 17th won’t be long now x

TrendyNannie6 Thu 12-Nov-20 14:42:55

CrazyH yes that’s how it felt as if your stomach needed to be popped to let air out. Exactly that, you have hit the nail on the head, unfortunately I find it difficult to burp, it’s usually the other end I’m sure I could fly a kite!

TrendyNannie6 Thu 12-Nov-20 14:39:42

Oh I am so sorry lovelies, I’m still here I took some gaviscon advance and decided to go for a walk and do gentle exercise by bending etc the pain subsided a bit, and while it’s still there it’s not as bad! I have my scan next Tuesday 17th, so I’m not sure whether trapped wind it’s not as bad as it’s subsided, I’m so sorry not to have got back, I got a letter yesterday saying I have to isolate as in the highest risk but obviously can go out for walk, so this is what I am doing twice a day, it’s me that thinks I could have an ulcer I will add as I’ve been on steriods continuous for so many years, I have a feeling they haven’t done my stomach any favours I’m on maintenance dose, I do take vitamin D tabs and omperazole though, we will see what’s going on after the scan,

BlueSky Wed 11-Nov-20 13:24:34

I know Marydoll feel a bit concerned, she might have been taken to hospital.

Marydoll Wed 11-Nov-20 12:23:44

I hope Trendy is OK, as she has never come back to let us know all is well.

IsraelZaneski Wed 11-Nov-20 11:40:59

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BlueSky Mon 09-Nov-20 11:20:39

Hope Trendy has been seen.

paddyanne Sun 08-Nov-20 23:26:28

Sounds like ulcer pain,it can be treated now with a course of antibiotics.I had an ulcer many years ago and it is the worst pain so you have my sympathy .Get checked as soon as you can

welbeck Sun 08-Nov-20 22:50:28

OP, please don't take a chance with your health.
those symptoms sound concerning.
are you alone.
at the very least ring 111.
some things are time sensitive, not to alarm you, but can be imposs to distinguish without medical review.

crazyH Sun 08-Nov-20 21:04:20

Trendy, I had a similar thing a couple of years ago. Agonising pain, bloated stomach (I actually thought it was going to burst). I had Gaviscon, took that, but struggled the whole night.....it eventually settled, after a couple of relieving burps etc. It was just trapped wind.
I hope you're feeling better. Do keep us posted

Namsnanny Sun 08-Nov-20 20:55:44

Me too Marydoll!

Marydoll Sun 08-Nov-20 20:41:19

I keep popping in to see if TrendyNannie is ok.

BlueSky Sun 08-Nov-20 12:37:47

Trendy not to frighten you, it could be just something as minor as trapped wind, but if you feel that bad call 111. Not sure whether you’ve got to do this now rather than just turning up, but at least speak to somebody.

Marydoll Sun 08-Nov-20 12:35:25

I too would urge you to seek help.

M0nica Sun 08-Nov-20 12:31:45

If in May DD had done what you are doing now 'waiting for the scan' as recommended by her GP. She would be dead. She didn't and it saved her life.

Go to A&E

B9exchange Sun 08-Nov-20 12:28:58

I'm with Hetty, if you are actually on the premises and keep quiet about the booked scan, you would most likely get one there and then!

Hetty58 Sun 08-Nov-20 12:24:27

No I haven't but, if it's that bad, I'd be heading to A & E to get it checked out!

TrendyNannie6 Sun 08-Nov-20 12:15:55

I have awful pressure pain across whole of the stomach under and around left rib, so much reflux giving me nausea and making me breathless when I bend, the pain actually feels as I’m being pumped up of air, I am awaiting a cat abdomen and pelvic scan which is on 17 November and believe me cannot come quick enough, anyone else had this