Gransnet forums

Health

B12 question.

(4 Posts)
tiffaney Thu 28-Jan-21 20:02:39

I recommend joining the support group l belong to. Its called The Pernicious Anaemia and B12 Deficiency Support Group founded by Pat Kornic. There's a wealth of information on there. I have learned so much from this amazing group. Mainly that you need a constant level of at least 1000 to feel well and you also need for your folate level to be optimum to make the B12 work properly. B12d is severely undertreated in this country.

Lyndylou Wed 23-Dec-20 22:27:29

Darcey1 you might be better off checking out the Pernicious Anemia Society website. I have found it very useful. It is a complex condition and extremely difficult to tell if symptons relate to PA or something else.

janeainsworth Wed 23-Dec-20 20:30:37

Darcey sorry but you really need to speak to your GP or consultant.
Even if there were someone on GN who was qualified to answer your question, they wouldn’t do so on a public forum.

Darcey1 Wed 23-Dec-20 13:42:41

Hii all. I have just finished my loading doses of 6 b12 injections on the 4th of december. My level was 94 so very low. I felt a bit better until about 6 days ago but I feel the old signs creeping in like the heart palpitations and breathing, also the tiredness. I just got a result back from a b12 blood test yesterday and my levels were 1500. Seems high but still having symptoms? Can anyone else identify??