Gransnet forums

Health

ambulance called by 111

(479 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 27-Dec-20 08:13:32

My DH just been taken into hospital with an irregular heartbeat, low oxygen and breathlessness worse than normal due to COPD. He has been unwell since xmas eve and we have tried to cope at home with calls to 111 and gp ringing us back with prescription for antibiotics and steriods as he is prone to chest infections. But this morning we had to admitt defeat. Hoping they will discharge later today as dont really want him staying in there, also that they will sort out what ever the issue is. sad

LauraNorder Tue 19-Jan-21 19:44:47

Travelsafar flowers

Puzzler61 Mon 18-Jan-21 17:33:48

We will keep thinking of you, and keep wishing you week Travelsafar, just as Dwmxwg says. flowers

Dwmxwg Mon 18-Jan-21 15:46:28

Thank you for finding the strength (physically and emotionally) to let your GN friends know how you are. Glad to hear you have got the support of your family and friends and that you are slowly recovering from Covid. One small step at a time. I know we will all continue to keep you in our thoughts

nadateturbe Sat 16-Jan-21 22:24:36

Best wishes travels. Will be thinking of you.

Hope you feel a bit better soon moggie..

SueDonim Sat 16-Jan-21 16:59:01

Thank you for the update, Travels. I hope you continue to recover though as you say, you’ve a huge amount to process. flowers

Kalu Sat 16-Jan-21 16:18:44

So pleased to hear from you travelsfar and also you have support from family and friends. I wish you strength in your recovery, physically and mentally. ?

Sar53 Sat 16-Jan-21 16:14:00

flowers xxx

janeainsworth Sat 16-Jan-21 16:12:42

Travelsafar I’m so glad you are recovering and that your family and friends are there for you. I look forward to you returning to GN when you feel stronger.

BlueBelle Sat 16-Jan-21 16:10:52

So relieved to know you are going to mend travel it will take time and you have a period of grief to go through but we will all (hopefully) be here when you feel able to return
Virtual hugs from us all ?

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Jan-21 16:07:45

Very best wishes Travelsofar take the time you need and look after yourself. X

Trisha57 Sat 16-Jan-21 16:00:01

Good to see you have family and friends nearby to support you in your journey back to health. You are in my thoughts and I am sending a virtual hug to you x x

LauraNorder Sat 16-Jan-21 15:55:08

Thank you travels for popping in to let us know that you have support around you. I hope it’s some small comfort to know how much we all care about you.
Take your time, we’re here for you when you needs us x

FarNorth Sat 16-Jan-21 14:55:48

Take good care of yourself travelsafar. We'll be so happy to see you on GN again when you are able. flowers

moggie I'm sorry to hear that has happened to you.

Gelisajams Sat 16-Jan-21 14:38:56

Good to hear from you Travelsafar. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

ixion Sat 16-Jan-21 14:23:05

Thinking of you on this long and difficult journey.
We will be here whenever you want to see us?

Puzzler61 Sat 16-Jan-21 14:14:06

So pleased you are recovering now travelsafar , your news has made my day.
? Come back to GN when the time is right for you ?

Urmstongran Sat 16-Jan-21 14:04:40

How thoughtful of you to post travelsafar.
Your system has had a great shock. I feel so very sorry for you right now.
Sleep will be the best medicine.
xx

NfkDumpling Sat 16-Jan-21 13:56:22

Look after yourself Travels. Don't rush it. flowers

Beechnut Sat 16-Jan-21 13:52:20

My best wishes to you travels in these tough times. Take care x

Feelingmyage55 Sat 16-Jan-21 13:41:30

Thank you for your update. I am glad you have support. So sorry about your husband. My best wishes as you convalesce and try to come to terms with everything.

Daddima Sat 16-Jan-21 13:34:33

Best wishes to you. Take care of yourself. x

cornergran Sat 16-Jan-21 13:28:33

Relieved to hear from you travelsafar, please rest as you need to, sending love.

Luckygirl Sat 16-Jan-21 13:26:02

Good to hear that you are slowly making progress travelsafar - one step at a time. Gransnet was a rock for me in troubled times, so do pop in now and again.

moggie - I am sorry to hear you have been so unwell.

moggie57 Sat 16-Jan-21 13:17:14

i been to UCU three times in the last week . my throat just swells up and i cant breathe ...anxiety maybe . i got inner ear infection and any loud sound makes me panic , throat swelled up so much i couldnt breathe or speak .very nice urgent care ambulance people . gave me painkillers and anti biotics by drip .as i cannot have them through my stomach.....still in a lot of pain though ,.but just about coping ...

Grannynannywanny Sat 16-Jan-21 13:12:10

So good to see you were able to post travelsafar. Wishing you strength in the days and weeks ahead ?