Gransnet forums

Health

Moons on nails?

(11 Posts)
Ramblingrose22 Wed 17-Feb-21 23:38:50

Have seen more than one post today on different threads from shavindhi that have been reported and deleted.

Didn't see their posts before deletions but maybe a person to keep an eye on.

Jaxjacky Tue 16-Feb-21 12:17:59

Me too Blossoming!

Blossoming Tue 16-Feb-21 12:16:40

Reported

shavindhi Tue 16-Feb-21 11:59:04

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Franbern Thu 11-Feb-21 08:59:02

My goodness, haven't even noticed that mine were missing. Some sixty five years back I did a training course as a manucurist When I was working in a hairdressers), and can remember that we used to push down cuticles on those hands we were working on - but even then cannot remember anything specifically which dealt with half-moons. Much to my despair, my own nails were always bad, no matter what I did, breaking and peeling. The only time I had good nails was each time I was pregnant, but as soon as baby was born, they reverted back. Then, I was put alendronic acid, and lo and behold, my nails all grown nicely - but still only those half-moons on my thumb nails

Sonatina7 Wed 10-Feb-21 19:15:40

Thanks all for kind responses. I'm the only member of my family not to have any. I've also had M.E for many years. I'm a bit of a Sherlock Holmes always looking for clues! I sometimes wonder if my body is not absorbing enough nutrients from my food. This M.E is a constant mystery. Forgive my timeless curiosity on the endless quest for the Holy Grail of health!

PaperMonster Wed 10-Feb-21 18:04:51

I only have them on my thumbs. I have very odd nails: flat, wide and bendy!

ayse Wed 10-Feb-21 17:55:24

I have good ones on my thumbs and my index and middle fingers. On my smaller fingers they are missing. No health issues that I know of. I’ve long ceased giving this any thought at all.

NannaLyn Wed 10-Feb-21 17:50:33

I only have half moons on my thumb nails. My mother had beautiful half moons on all her nails, in fact she used to just apply very pale pink transparent polish to the nail above the moons. I used to prod my cuticles because I thought mine were hiding!

I don't seem to have any health problems connected to this.
(Just checked, my husband doesn't have any either.)

Chestnut Wed 10-Feb-21 17:49:25

Lots of information on half moons here:
www.healthline.com/health/half-moon-nails#see-your-doctor
Not a problem if they're missing, maybe more of a concern if you notice changes in them.

Sonatina7 Wed 10-Feb-21 17:37:28

Does anybody else have no moons on their nails?
If so do you have a health problem?
Just curious.
Thanks