Gransnet forums

Health

HRT

(7 Posts)
Sunnysideup Tue 06-Apr-21 12:11:43

Hi Molly, your post would probably be best in the Menopause section. There are still many GP’s who haven’t got themselves up to date with HRT and consider anyone over 60 shouldn’t be on HRT. I think, however, more recent guidelines now contradict this. There are many ladies on GRANSNET and Menopause Matters forum who are extremely well informed in the matter of HRT and I’m sure someone will be along and give you some advice. I’m 71 and on an oestrogen only patch (no uterus) but didn’t go on it until I was 64 and wish I’d started sooner. I shall be on it for the rest of my life.

FannyCornforth Tue 06-Apr-21 11:57:37

Mind you, this is something that I'm interested in
I'm 49 and had my last period December 2019
This coincided with me having terrible problems with my joints which I've chronicled elsewhere on here
I've mentioned it a few times to my (female and very good) GP, expecting her to raise the issue of HRT, but she never has
I'm having a bone density scan in a couple of weeks
Why is your GP not keen on you taking HRT Molly?

FannyCornforth Tue 06-Apr-21 11:52:15

Oh Molly! What are you like! ?

MollyAA12 Tue 06-Apr-21 11:38:47

I am 71!! typing error!!

FannyCornforth Tue 06-Apr-21 09:48:58

You really need to talk to your GP
If you are21, you obviously have complex health issues that only a HCP can help you with.
All the best

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 06-Apr-21 08:08:25

21??

MollyAA12 Tue 06-Apr-21 08:04:40

Iused to take HRT patches but stopped using patches because my doctor did not like me using it.

I do get low now and have low sex drive and a certain amount of anxiety. My joits are achey too

Is it possible to go bacK on HRT at my age. I am 21.
Would love to hear other people's experiences. I do not have a uterus so I would not need the double HRT (I think) I do not really understand it all.