Gransnet forums

Health

Small pimple on inner corner of eyelid

(8 Posts)
timetogo2016 Fri 23-Apr-21 10:26:38

Ask a pharmasist they are very good and knowledgable.

Franbern Fri 23-Apr-21 08:42:47

Have had one of these for about the last 15 years. Does not grow bigger, a little unsightly, but no effect on sight. I have always just put it down to 'maturation'!!!

Charleygirl5 Thu 22-Apr-21 12:59:19

Until you get a diagnosis for your own eye I would not touch it and get an appointment asap, preferably with your GP.

vegansrock Thu 22-Apr-21 12:26:19

An optician told me it was a blocked hair follicle. It can be removed for cosmetic reasons but may come back. The hot cloth idea has been suggested. No harm in trying.

Purplepixie Thu 22-Apr-21 11:43:42

Don’t mess with anything connected to your eyes and go along and see a dr. Nothing is trivial if it is bothering you.

DillytheGardener Thu 22-Apr-21 11:40:24

I had this also during lock down. They are harmless, but on no case squeeze them!

Buy a low irritant face wash like cetaphil, and wash your whole face. Then get a fresh face cloth and get as hot as you can stand it and press up against the eye. Do this about 3 times a day. Look up eye massage videos, you do this with Q tips to prevent and relieve what you have.

Roses Thu 22-Apr-21 11:39:57

It could be a cholesterol lump maybe need to get it checked

Glenfinnan Thu 22-Apr-21 11:32:10

Hello I have a yellow/whiteish pimple on the inner inside of my lower eyelid. I’ve tried bathing it but it won’t come away. It seems trivial to try for a doctors appointment as they are in such short supply! Also eyes watering in outside light. Anyone had similar and treated it! Or would the optician help? Thanks in advance.