Gransnet forums

Health

Problems afoot

(12 Posts)
Visgir1 Mon 10-May-21 16:19:42

Can you treat yourself to a Pedicure every 6-8 weeks that will sort those Pesky feet out. See if you can find a mobile beautician to come to your house, which tends to be a bit cheaper.
Looking forward to seeing mine, keeps my trotters smooth and nails pained all summer. Agree with others, battery powered file works well as well.

Doodle Sun 09-May-21 18:47:32

Washing up bowl to soak feet every week.
Gadget that looks like a cheese grater from Amazon is amazing and just takes off the hard skin as easy as anything.
Dry feet with a hair dryer and then lavish with Aveeno cream.
That’s my recipe ?

May7 Sun 09-May-21 18:43:34

I had this problem for years and used all kinds of hard skin remover until a beauty therapist told me that it was because my heels and toes were dry that I was getting a build up
She suggested using CCS cream which contains urea, applied nightly and it worked a treat. Available from chemists. Now I never have to remove the hard skin because my heels are soft. It's about treating the cause. Try it you will be amazed at the results

midgey Sun 09-May-21 11:09:49

Dr Scholl make a battery powered file, it’s expensive but does work. I’m sure other companies make them as well. Well worth a go if you can afford it.

tiredoldwoman Sun 09-May-21 11:02:16

I smear my toes tips every day with a tiny bit of Vaseline since I felt ' hard bits ' . It must be an age thing , maybe walking bare foot in the sand will buff it away !

timetogo2016 Sun 09-May-21 10:29:21

Appe cider vinegar H1954.
Dh used it on his feet and it worked wonders.

BigBertha1 Fri 07-May-21 11:02:58

I went to the podiatrist yesterday who set about my feet with a will and a scalpel - they look and feel great now - its the only way for me and my feet every 8 weeks. £37 well spent.

Sago Fri 07-May-21 10:05:21

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwib6pO4m7fwAhUpURUIHcZxCl4QFjAFegQIDxAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wewereraisedbywolves.co.uk%2F2017%2F11%2Fgive-your-feet-some-tlc-this-winter.html&usg=AOvVaw3XBFbC399YEVpAX1M4ZWxO

Previous link didn’t work.

Sago Fri 07-May-21 10:03:47

This is amazing.

amazon.co.uk%2FDr-Ceuticals-Cracked-Repair-100ml%2Fdp%2FB06Y6CLQTD&usg=AOvVaw2gznBFYfTVLK_Pi85ixUSq]]

H1954 Fri 07-May-21 09:00:42

Thank you EV, I will give it a try. No need to buy any Epsom Salts either, I have a bucket full in the shed that use for the garden......?

EllanVannin Fri 07-May-21 07:50:26

Regular soaking in Epsom salts. I've never had to do it myself but years ago my mum used to have sore heels due to hard skin so she got herself a washing-up bowl just for the purpose of soaking her feet and she did this every night for a week and the difference was amazing.
She managed to reduce her " therapy" to once a week. It did work, for her anyway.

H1954 Fri 07-May-21 07:41:58

Over the years I have tried all manner of creams, pumices and methods but nothing seems to successful so I'm hoping that our far reaching GNetwork might have ideas and solutions of their own.
I'm referring to hard skin on my feet, not just under the heel but even around my toes close to the toe nail.
I have had professional pedicures in the past which were a temporary fix and rather expensive. Does anyone have any "old-wives" methods, passed down over the years and tried & tested?