Gransnet forums

Health

CBD oil.

(22 Posts)
NanKate Mon 30-May-22 07:15:15

Yes I use CBD oil by Kloris. It has improved my sleep no end and doesn’t make me sleepy in the morning. I also use the balm on my wrist/thumb and the pain has reduced by about 70 %. It works for me. ?

Makalas Tue 03-May-22 15:48:55

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Elless Mon 21-Feb-22 11:16:16

I decided to try it for my chronic pain, it hasn't helped with the pain but has helped me sleep.

WendyWhite Mon 21-Feb-22 08:08:22

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

KateKateKate Sat 05-Feb-22 08:17:12

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Serendipity22 Tue 25-Jan-22 10:48:33

Hmmm, well my friend cant praise it enough but in next breath tells me she aches constantly.

Then my husband bought some 3 weeks ago, its still sat in the kitchen cupboard.

Me! Im sceptical about it.

Georgesgran Tue 25-Jan-22 09:17:19

Should add that I’m all for the placebo effect, but this product comes with a serious price tag.

Georgesgran Tue 25-Jan-22 09:16:04

Personally I think it’s ‘snake oil’ - all talk and no proof it helps anything. Cynical - moi??

janeainsworth Tue 25-Jan-22 08:25:42

The pills that HarvyD has suggested are in fact psychoactive & possibly illegal in the U.K.
Here’s the FDA warning about them.
www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/5-things-know-about-delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol-delta-8-thc

HarvyD Tue 25-Jan-22 07:38:04

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Grandma2213 Sat 15-Jan-22 20:59:16

Charly My sons bought them. I wouldn't waste the money! joannapiano I've tried the special insoles many times and can't even make it to the end of my drive without excruciating pain and hobbling back. I've found Boots gel insoles help me walk a little further and I have tried resting (makes it even worse), gentle walking, massages, cold compresses and all the exercises suggested by physios. I've had it for 18 months now and just occasionally it feels a bit better for no good reason and ditto a lot worse for no good reason.
Sago I never thought of acupuncture but still a bit cynical. I'll think about it.

joannapiano Sat 15-Jan-22 18:38:12

I cured my plantar fasciitis by wearing special insoles in my shoes for 6 months. Got them from Pavers outlet shop.
My daughter has been taking prescribed really strong CBD oil , just approved by the NHS, for her progressive MS. Doctor just taken her off it as little progress.

Charly Sat 15-Jan-22 18:11:18

Grandma2213

One of my sons bought me some to help with my plantar fasciitis, I haven't tried it yet. He said it makes him feel better and helps with his sleep. I don't really need help to sleep I must admit. Before that another son bought me curcumin tablets which helped his bad knee. I've taken them for two months now and they have made no difference so I might try the CBD next. To be honest I don't really believe any of them help so that might be the problem. Simple paracetamol before I go for a walk takes the pain away a bit usually. I think some of it is psychological even though I try to believe!

I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out to be a waste of money, but hey ho ?‍♀️, worth a go.

Sago Sat 15-Jan-22 08:49:05

Grandma2213 My plantar fasciitis was cured with one session of acupuncture.
Best £40 ever spent.

BlueBelle Sat 15-Jan-22 05:07:53

It’s just a trend to make money sorry for being cynical

Grandma2213 Sat 15-Jan-22 02:30:34

One of my sons bought me some to help with my plantar fasciitis, I haven't tried it yet. He said it makes him feel better and helps with his sleep. I don't really need help to sleep I must admit. Before that another son bought me curcumin tablets which helped his bad knee. I've taken them for two months now and they have made no difference so I might try the CBD next. To be honest I don't really believe any of them help so that might be the problem. Simple paracetamol before I go for a walk takes the pain away a bit usually. I think some of it is psychological even though I try to believe!

Charly Sat 15-Jan-22 00:04:01

Thank you. I ordered some, one of the brands recommended last year in an Evening Standard article. My husband has RLS and though I doubt it’ll help that problem specifically I’m hoping it might help him sleep better. ??

BlueBelle Fri 14-Jan-22 17:35:21

No i haven’t because I read there is so little of use in the commercial products to make it pointless
My best friend bought some for arthritic knee pain and said ‘no help whatsoever’

tanith Fri 14-Jan-22 17:32:30

I tried it for my Arthritis pain it didn’t work for me.

MerylStreep Fri 14-Jan-22 17:22:46

I garden for a lady who is disabled. She uses it and can’t praise it enough.

silverlining48 Fri 14-Jan-22 17:13:42

Dd bought me some but havnt used it yet so look forward to hearing others’ opinions.

Charly Fri 14-Jan-22 17:04:13

Anybody here tried any of the CBD oil options ? If so I’d be interested to hear how you got on with it.