Gransnet forums

Health

Ezetimibe

(10 Posts)
Granmarderby10 Tue 24-May-22 13:54:13

Well I assume that the ezetimibe has been prescribed to you midgey by your own GP - under the instruction perhaps of a cardiologist.

I have been taking this for a good 7 or 8 years now. My dose is 10 mg and I am also supposed to take a Statin called Rosuvastatin as well.
So it seams quite usual.

MarinaL Sat 21-May-22 23:47:26

Midgey it seems unusual to take both drugs to lower cholesterol.......perhaps you could check with your GP or Pharmacist.

midgey Sat 21-May-22 19:48:37

Good to hear, but I have been prescribed these along with the maximum dose of Atorvastin!

icanhandthemback Sat 21-May-22 19:15:15

Yes, I take this as I can't take Statins and have had good results with no side effects.

SueD Sat 21-May-22 17:35:52

I have taken this for at least 10 years with no problems and much lower cholesterol etc. I could not tolerate normal statins and it did take a while to get my cholesterol down but very happy with it.

UserNamesAreOverrated Sat 21-May-22 17:16:38

I take it instead of statins which my body won't tolerate. I don't get any side effects at all and am glad that there is something I can do about my high cholesterol.

BlueSky Thu 12-May-22 23:53:39

I used to worry terribly about side effects when starting a new drug, so I now tend not to read the leaflet beforehand. If I then develop an unusual symptom, I read up to see if it’s to be expected.

midgey Thu 12-May-22 20:44:59

Good to hear, I am a bit wary on this one I have to say.

Granmarderby10 Thu 12-May-22 20:30:59

Yes midgey, I take one every day.

It reduces cholesterol in a different way to statins and works well in tandem with a statin when a high or any dose of statin has caused side effects

As far as I’m aware it is causing me ‘NO* problems unlike the statin Rosuvastatin which I’m supposed to take (but don’t) ..

I’m expecting a telling off because the meds review is imminent and that means blood test?

midgey Thu 12-May-22 20:16:55

I have been prescribed this to take alongside Atorvastatin. Having read the accompanying leaflet I am not to sure I wish to take it! Anybody else already take ezeztimibe?