Gransnet forums

Health

Urolift or Turps treatment for enlarged prostrate Anyone had either

(7 Posts)
RD001 Wed 10-Aug-22 08:43:36

Hello, I have a prostate gland and in December 2019 I had a relatively new procedure called REZUM. I went private as was hard to get on NHS. The main reason I took this treatment is because of its minimal effect on my married life, if you know what I mean. It does now seem to be having the desired effect, i.e. not bursting for the loo every 5 minutes, although it took longer to get here than I thought it would. I won’t go into details of the procedure here but I’ve never looked at a kettle the same way since! Hope that helps.

Callistemon21 Tue 09-Aug-22 22:17:00

Sorry, he had the TURP procedure, I think.

Callistemon21 Tue 09-Aug-22 22:16:00

Well, I don't have a prostate gland but I know someone who has and has had this procedure. He is fine now, a few months on.

Margiknot Tue 09-Aug-22 21:33:42

DH ( then in his mid 50s I think) had a TURP procedure some years back. He recovered well.

HowVeryDareYou Sat 30-Jul-22 17:58:41

A transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) is a surgical procedure that involves cutting away a section of the prostate.

I don't personally know anyone who has had it, though

ixion Sat 30-Jul-22 17:56:37

A TURP?

HeavenLeigh Sat 30-Jul-22 17:49:56

Basically just that! Asking for family friend, I said I would ask the lovely people on gransnet if they had any of these treatments