Gransnet forums

Health

Myringoplasty op anyone had this?

(6 Posts)
Harris27 Fri 10-Mar-23 08:36:10

Thank you for your reassurance much appreciated.

Mary59nana Thu 09-Mar-23 22:23:24

Don't be nervous Harris 27 I would have the op again even if I was told I only have a slight chance of my earing back.
In one day out the next eating a dinner when I woke up and plenty of cups of tea.
My hearing aids are specsavers digital so small and decrit and and I can hear a pin drop

Harris27 Thu 09-Mar-23 21:21:49

Thank you nana Mary19 I just thought I’d ask as I’m nervous about going through with it and felt I’d ask if anyone had a good outcome.I must admit I’m managing with the hearing aid I’ve had for a few weeks now. So I’ll just give it a go.

Nanamary19 Thu 09-Mar-23 20:44:17

Nanamary19

HelloHarris27
I had the op in 2018 on my left ear I had been suffering since it burst and had constant ear infections and deafness.
My surgeon said its not 100% guarantee to bring my hearing back.
But I thought I would go for the op.
It's not a big operation about 90mins and I was the day after.
Sadly when the dressing was removed 2 weeks later the hearing was no better.
I have digital hearings aids now and tbh I hear perfectly with them so no regrets.
I hope the op works out well for you as it does I'm sure for many

* was Home the day after

Nanamary19 Thu 09-Mar-23 20:43:06

HelloHarris27
I had the op in 2018 on my left ear I had been suffering since it burst and had constant ear infections and deafness.
My surgeon said its not 100% guarantee to bring my hearing back.
But I thought I would go for the op.
It's not a big operation about 90mins and I was the day after.
Sadly when the dressing was removed 2 weeks later the hearing was no better.
I have digital hearings aids now and tbh I hear perfectly with them so no regrets.
I hope the op works out well for you as it does I'm sure for many

Harris27 Thu 09-Mar-23 20:10:59

I was wondering if anyone on this site has had this operation for a perforated eardrum. My ear has been perforated for over a year now and I’ve been offered this. However I’ve just recently been fitted with a hearing aid which has helped. If I had this op would I still need this hearing aid? Anyone had this and had a good outcome? Surgeon didn’t really say I’d get my hearing back fully.