I use a heated eye mask too .It was recommended in Boots when I had my eyes tested and I bought one there and then. I used it twice a day for two weeks and thereafter when my eyes feel prickly.
How to deal with doom-y thoughts
I use a heated eye mask too .It was recommended in Boots when I had my eyes tested and I bought one there and then. I used it twice a day for two weeks and thereafter when my eyes feel prickly.
nadateturbe
I know I read somewhere about a heated eye mask bought on amazon but I can't find the thread, eyes are tired with looking. Can anyone recommend please? I'll come back later, need a screen break.
I use a heated eye mask which optician recommended. It goes in microwave for 25seconds. Bought off shelf in Specsavers. It really helps my eyes.
HelterSkelter1
Boots optician recommended diluted baby shampoo, but remember to use Johnsons which doesn't sting.
I am wondering what might be the optimal amount of dilution.
Just enough water so that it doesn't stick to the skin?
Here's one explanation
www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/blepharitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20370141
I was told there's no cure. No one actually gave me a cause.
What causes blepharitis ?I was told by my optometrist that I had anterior (posterior?) blepharitis and to use optase wipes.
Is that right that there is no cure but you can only keep it under control.?
Is it due to blocked pores at the base of the eyelashes?
Boots optician recommended diluted baby shampoo, but remember to use Johnsons which doesn't sting.
Yes, I remembered nadateturbe.
Hope your eyes soon feel easier.
Thanks so much Sparklefizz that's all very helpful. I shall order both. (You remembered I have M E.!)
And thank you JdotJ. That's what I'm using but I don't think it's helping me. I know it works for some people. Thanks for replying.
Forgot to say, I think the Blephasol Eye Mask is also available on Amazon.
nadateturbe
Sparklefizz what are the eye drops for? Do they help get rid of blepharitis? I was told there isn't a way, just to keep it under control.
Is Blephasol lotion instead of using baby shampoo?
Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I'm trying to work out best way to manage it.
The Blephasol Lotion is for the Blepharitis but it doesn't get rid of it to my knowledge. Yes, it's instead of using baby shampoo. I couldn't bear the thought of putting that near my really sore eyes.
The eye drops are because I've got very dry eyes and have been diagnosed with Sicca Syndrome which I gather is part-way towards developing Sjogren's.
My optician sold me a Blephasol Eye Mask which you warm up in the microwave. I found it very helpful in a variety of ways. Like you, I've got M.E., and I only had to wear the mask for a few minutes to feel relaxed and drift off to sleep.
I hope you find something to help your symptoms.
Diluted baby shampoo was recommended for Blepharitis....not sure if it still is
I know I read somewhere about a heated eye mask bought on amazon but I can't find the thread, eyes are tired with looking. Can anyone recommend please? I'll come back later, need a screen break.
Sparklefizz what are the eye drops for? Do they help get rid of blepharitis? I was told there isn't a way, just to keep it under control.
Is Blephasol lotion instead of using baby shampoo?
Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I'm trying to work out best way to manage it.
I have this and use a few different methods:
1. Most often I just use a hot flannel and press it against the eyelids with a gentle massaging motion.
2. Blephasol lotion
3. Diluted baby shampoo (if the problem gets really bad)
4. Optician recommended Blepha eyebag mask from Boots £20, but I no longer own a microwave.
I had blepharitis last year (first time - diagnosed by optician). Had drops which cleared it but make sure you get every last little bit of eye make up off at night (as advised!) - I don't wear much but I was amazed how much I could still get off with a cotton pad when I thought it was all off! Not had it since.
I've been recommended by the ophthalmologist to put something warm over my eyes for 10 minutes or so, then massage upwards, (gently) to my bottom lashes.
If it doesn't help, it's at least nice to lay back with the warmth on your face.
My optician recommended Blephasol Lotion and I love it. At first my eyes were so sore that it stung but after a few days I found it very soothing. I mentioned it to my GP when I was referred regarding possible Sjogren's Syndrome, and now I get Blephasol Lotion and eye drops prescribed on the NHS.
At my last optician's appointment, she recommended taking high doses of Omega 3 and this has made a big difference to my eyes in that I don't need the drops nearly as often.
Like @Lizziedrip, I find the baby shampoo bathing to be very effective. It was recommended to me by my GP. I did try the wipes, which were fine but no better than the shampoo, and a lot more expensive!
I’ve had sore, sticky eyes recently and read that bathing them in a solution of warm water and baby shampoo can help. I tried this and it really is effective. I do it every morning and evening - quick, easy and cheap! My eyes are certainly much better now.
My husband has this diagnosed by his optician he has various wipes and drops to use it has been going on quite a while. He has managed to clear one eye but the other is being more stubborn he visits his optician regularly to check his progress.
I did write about my sore eye a few days ago. Had both cataracts removed October/November last year. Previously had worn contact lenses for about 30 years. No problem with them except that my sight had gone down due to the cataracts and the optician was unable to improve on their prescription. Paid extra for the lenses where you don't need to wear glasses.
First off I was highly delighted with my vision but I do find I now need to wear OTH readers but that's OK.
I think I have blepharitis, very sticky eye in the mornings and eye feeling quite sore. I've bought something called Blepha clean, you use them morning and evening, only got them yesterday but they do seem to help. Am trying the hot compression cotton wool.
Just wondering if anyone else has this and are there any "miracle" cures out there. Never ever had this whilst wearing contacts for all those years.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.