This may sound trivial (at least my GP seems to think so) but believe me its not!
About 2 1/2 years ago I shut my left index fingernail in a 'soft close' kitchen drawer. It was extremely painful, went black and lifted up from the nailbed. It got worse and a paramedic at the GP surgery removed the nail.
It grew back in exactly the same way so since then I have just been cutting it as short as I can but its gone yellow and lifted up even more and away each side. My GP has refused to treat it again.
This morning I stubbed it accidentally on something really hard. It started to bleed and was (and still is) very painful. I decided to try 111 for advice, they said to go to the local urgent care unit at the local hospital.
I was hopeful that I would get some help, instead the two women there smirked and shrugged their shoulders, but no, they were not allowed to treat it and they offered me a 'bit of tape'.
I am at my wits end. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? What did you do?
Russian interference in U.K. politics
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
D'you Reckon That When Trump Dies.......


