I have a consultation in April at a nearby Circle Health hospital and then hopefully an appt to have this abomination removed. I was interested to see that a PP had 3 removed at one go as I have 3 on my face not all as big as the rice krispie. So I hope this consultant offers the same. Thank you Silvershadow for your recommendation it spurred me into action. My very dear sis in law said I am worth it!!
No doubt, they are a real nuisance/embarrassment. I want privately 2 years ago. They do 3 at a time, no good when you have dozens of them. They either freeze them or cauterise them (£145 for 15 mn) Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately the private route seems the only option!!
We went to the GP. He was referred to our NHS dermatology unit. They took photographs and analysed it, said was non cancerous in their opinion. Wouldn’t remove on the NHS, so we went privately. Seen and removed within two weeks.
Thank you Silvershadow. That's the sort of figure I am expecting. Did you ask for a referral from the GP or just go straight to a private dermatology clinic?
My DH had one on his face, we’ve just paid to have it removed. He has been left with a tiny scar. I have two on my face and I will do the same. Several on my back too, so I will get them checked out for cancer. The NHS doesn’t remove them, so you have to pay. Luckily, we can afford it. It cost DH £400.
I have several on different parts of my body. One appeared on my face and was pointed out by my son. I made an effort to get rid of it myself by scratching it off with my finger nail. It hasn't come back.
I’ve had them for years and have been to the dermatologist several times to have them burnt off. He uses a spray gun with some kind of of acid I think. It’s not painful and the scabs drop off in a few days. Unfortunately they do come back again.
My back is absolutely covered in them. I can’t reach far enough round to scrape them off with my finger, especially when they turn black. I dread having to be admitted to hospital for any reason, I am just so embarrassed. As long as nobody can see them I am fine, I’ve had them now for so long. Wish there was a miracle cure but unfortunately I’ll just have to live with them.
I was sent to an NHS-clinic a few years ago and was diagnosed as such (they said pre-cancerous) and given gel to put on that got rid of 3 it must of been some kind of acid but it worked. I now have a couple that come and go I’ll mention them to my GP.
I had one removed from my cheek bone area privately years back when I had private medical cover at work. And they just scraped it away with a razor type blade. Very expensive. I hate the sight of my current facial one. Those on my body I can ignore.
Are these the horrible dry crusty spot like things ? If so I have a few . Luckily out of sight . I can feel when one is starting it is Like a tiny spot and becomes dry . I would love to get rid of them . I do moisturise but it doesn't get rid .
Will read with interest. I have many over my body and several on my face which I dislike. One high on my cheek near my eye is like a large dry Rice Krispie. They have been checked at the GP and are benign but no advice nor trearment offered. I think I will have to go down the private route for removal.
Vaseline hasn't helped and as this one is near my eye I don't want to use anything strong.
Hello Grans, I have some unsightly seborreic keratosis and I would welcome some successful ideas how to get rid of them. I heard vaseline can help or basuka cream. Thank you