Gransnet forums

Health

Sad news

(56 Posts)
NanKate Fri 31-Jul-26 15:40:56

This morning I had a text from the son of Jen (I’m not sure what her GN name was) to say she had died early this morning after a brief stay in hospital.

You may remember her from the advice she gave on alternative medicine.

She had a love of cats and said that when her time came her son would look after her small cat.

RIP Jen πŸ’

Sweetpeasue Sat 01-Aug-26 18:37:04

Hi sparkle1234 πŸ‘‹ Yes indeed ,Ill join you in that toast - to Sparklefizz.πŸ₯‚ with condolences to her family.

25Avalon Sat 01-Aug-26 17:31:30

Like a lot of people Sparklefizz had a lot of trauma in her life but kept on sparkling. I too met her at Bitton and she was indeed a lovely lady. I wish I’d had the opportunity to get to know her more. Now at peace.

Thank you for posting NanKate. I was thinking I should.

MissAdventure Sat 01-Aug-26 17:28:23

Oh me too; she seemed youthful in her thoughts and ideas.
I'm very sorry to read this update.
R.I.P to the lady, amd condolences to her loved ones.

sodapop Sat 01-Aug-26 17:14:54

I always imagined sparklefizz to be a happy bubbly person too. I will miss her posts.
RIP sparklefizz my condolences to her family. thanks

Millie22 Sat 01-Aug-26 15:33:04

I'm so sorry to read that Sparklefizz has died 🌷

She usually started the Strictly threads as others have mentioned.

sparkle1234 Sat 01-Aug-26 15:10:01

Sweetpeasue Thankyou and hello πŸ‘‹. Whenever I read a post from SparkleFizz I imagined a bubbly , effervescent lady full of life and joy whose cup always flowed over despite her ailments . Let's all raise a glass of fizz to her . thanks

Whiff Sat 01-Aug-26 10:12:53

I remember her . It was very kind of her son to let you know NanKate and thank you for letting us know. Sending condolences to her family . I hope she didn't suffer. Always sad when a GN member dies but kind that families through other GN members let everyone know or in some cases family members have come on GN to tell us. πŸ’

Marydoll Sat 01-Aug-26 08:49:53

My condolences to her family. RIP. πŸ’

Magenta8 Sat 01-Aug-26 08:48:12

RIPthanks

Primrose53 Sat 01-Aug-26 08:44:48

Very sad news. I just found a PM from her from last September when she was waiting to go to hospital and not feeling well. It was a lovely message regarding News and Politics and agreeing with my comments and saying she had also stuck her head above the parapet too! I sincerely hope she is now at peace.

Georgesgran Fri 31-Jul-26 22:16:31

Sad news, RIP Sparklefizz.

crazyH Fri 31-Jul-26 21:56:02

R.I.P. Sparklefizz - I’m sure was on here last week or the week before. How sad πŸ₯²

luluaugust Fri 31-Jul-26 21:53:48

RIP Sparklefizz I also remember her Strictly posts

MT62 Fri 31-Jul-26 21:52:28

sparkle1234

Here , not hear !

Ahh you are the other sparkle!

Casdon Fri 31-Jul-26 19:14:59

Very sad news, every time I think of Sparklefizz, I think of β€˜keep dancing’, she will be missed.

NanKate Fri 31-Jul-26 19:11:32

Just spoken to Simon, Jen’s son, and sent condolences from all of us on Gransnet, he was very touched by that.

You will be missed Jen πŸ’

Greyduster Fri 31-Jul-26 18:51:32

I remember her as a long-standing member. Always sad when we lose one of our number. RIP, SparklefizzπŸ’.

Charleygirl5 Fri 31-Jul-26 18:42:28

I remember Sparklefizz Sorry to hear she has died but decent of her son to get in touch. Her poor cat will miss her.

Bukkie Fri 31-Jul-26 18:36:53

I remember the name Sparklefizz because I always thought it was a great username. Condolences to her family and friends.

Calendargirl Fri 31-Jul-26 17:58:05

Oh, I always associate Sparklefizz with the Strictly threads, which she often started up.

Saddened to hear this, RIP.

Thoughtful of her family to update GN.

Smileless2012 Fri 31-Jul-26 17:53:07

So sorry to hear about Sparklefizz RIP flowers.

cornergran Fri 31-Jul-26 17:47:39

Sad news. RIP sparklefizz. Condolences to the family.

rafichagran Fri 31-Jul-26 17:27:13

Yes I remember her from the Strickly threads. Sorry to hear this. RIPflowers

Sweetpeasue Fri 31-Jul-26 17:26:25

sparkle1234 What a lovely post.
I'll second that.πŸ’πŸ’

sparkle1234 Fri 31-Jul-26 17:22:14

Here , not hear !