Gransnet forums

Health

Leg marks

(17 Posts)
Sallywally1 Wed 05-Aug-26 08:06:23

I have had these unsightly marks for several years, they look like bruises, but don’t go away. Anyone have any idea what they could be?

valdali Wed 05-Aug-26 08:23:45

Are they slightly raised / rough feeling? Could be a localised vasculitis?

jusnoneed Wed 05-Aug-26 08:36:42

My partner has them on one of his legs, one large one right across the back which appeared after he stepped awkwardly on a kerb and tweaked his ankle. The doc told him it will never go away.

Sallywally1 Wed 05-Aug-26 08:51:45

No not raised or rough. Just unsightly!

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Wed 05-Aug-26 08:58:04

Looks like a cluster of telangiectasias (spider veins) to me. Smaller than varicose veins and they sit on the top surface of the skin. I used to be a PA for a group consultant dermatologists. But this is only my best guess.

Shelflife Wed 05-Aug-26 14:00:03

I agree with FGT. My legs look like that!

monami Wed 05-Aug-26 15:23:16

clumps of fine veins

Ramblingrose22 Wed 05-Aug-26 15:24:49

I have a mark on my leg which looks like a hole has been punched into it with a punch used for papers that are to be filed.

The inside of the hole looks dark red and it doesn't itch and hasn't changed since it appeared.

Had anyone else got something like this?

charliebb Wed 05-Aug-26 16:07:58

Yes, just wear trousers or long skirts to hide them. Guess it's all about the advancing years.

Colliegirl Wed 05-Aug-26 17:22:59

I've got those too. long skirts and jeans solve the problem. I did mention it to my menopause doc and she said its nothing to worry about

HowVeryDareYou2 Wed 05-Aug-26 18:32:45

valdali

Are they slightly raised / rough feeling? Could be a localised vasculitis?

I've got Vasculitis of the legs, hand and arms, and it looks nothing like that

AskAlice Thu 06-Aug-26 00:27:44

I've got something like that on the insides of both my ankles. I've decided that it's just my veins getting old...like the rest of me.

Redhead56 Thu 06-Aug-26 01:07:43

I have them in one leg more than the other including my feet. I wear long flowing skirts in summer thick black tights in winter. They are unsightly veins and look dreadful caused I think by standing all my working life. I mentioned them to our surgery nurse she wasn't interested in my concerns.

Redhead56 Thu 06-Aug-26 01:11:13

Ramblingrose22 I would get that checked out if you can.

Ramblingrose22 Thu 06-Aug-26 21:28:13

Thanks, Redhead56. I'm planning to get a biopsy as a dermamatologist I showed it to did not know what the mark was.

HelterSkelter1 Thu 06-Aug-26 21:45:16

Sympathy OP but I think they are spider veins another gift from Old Lady Legs.
I have spider veins, enlarged veins and generally lumpy legs. My legs used to be slim and tanned. Dammit.

MT62 Thu 06-Aug-26 23:11:35

You can get them removed by small injections. The blood just dissipates.
I would just get them checked first to make sure thats all they are ‘spider veins’. I think FGT gave you the correct name for them.