Gransnet forums

Health

Arthritis Advice Please

(5 Posts)
poppysmum Sat 03-Oct-26 15:44:49

i have arthritis in my knee with transferred pain from my hip which has arthritis. i am waiting for more steroid in my hip and knee the hip is done in theatre with an x ray to help them

4allweknow Sat 03-Oct-26 15:30:55

Had a similar experience. Two years with two blocks of physio for leg complaint. MRI showed arthritis in spine and hip. More physio. Then xray of hip showed severe arthritis. Nine month wait to see consultant and that was a complete waste of time. Prescribed drugs I shouldn't take inspite of telling him. GP nearly had a fit. Now on a waiting list and if I don't deteriorate drastically will be taken off and will need another referral and will be another wait of goodness knows how long. Whilst interested in any suggestions on how to manage symptoms of arthritis I would really be interested to find how on earth do you get it fixed without paying £15K for private treatment.

MG55 Sat 03-Oct-26 15:21:31

This is a really helpful site 👍

MG55 Sat 03-Oct-26 15:20:50

share.google/DlB8MRJGzSRo4Cc58

bridie54 Sat 03-Oct-26 15:13:09

After about 10 months of GP visits and seeing NHS physio I was finally sent for x rays and neck/shoulder Arthritis diagnosed.

I had not given arthritis a second thought but on checking up on the internet after the diagnosis, it seems that my age, previous injuries and current pain issues all point to it. So it puzzles me as to why arthritis wasn't checked for much sooner.

But I'm on here to ask if there is any way to find the threads particularly on Arthrits on the Health Forum. There are so many and the Subject box often gives no clue as to what the Thread may be discussing.

Hoping someone with a better tech head than me can help.