Gransnet forums

Health

bioresonance

(18 Posts)
br0adwater Sat 24-Feb-18 10:08:16

Does anyone know of a good bioresonance practitioner in the uk?

phoenix Sat 24-Feb-18 10:57:16

www.superdetox.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyLfR7bG-2QIVop3tCh3NYwOlEAAYAiAAEgKVGfD_BwE

janeainsworth Sat 24-Feb-18 11:09:40

www.rosedaleclinic.co.uk/therapies/bioresonance
Another one. The words ‘touch’, ‘bargepole’ and ‘don’t’ spring to mind.

Eglantine21 Sat 24-Feb-18 11:20:03

If you believe it will help you conquer your addiction, then it probably will.

I wish I could think of something that would bring in the dosh.

The words 'money' and 'old rope' spring to mind too.

br0adwater Sat 24-Feb-18 21:20:23

Interesting reactions. Very British? Bioresonance is commonplace in mainland Europe.

I asked because a practitioner in Germany cured my friend's chronic lung condition (when the NHS coùldn't help) but I'd like to avoid having to travel so far.

BlueBelle Sat 24-Feb-18 21:50:27

I ve never heard of it but reading through it I would have no faith what so ever and would agree with the other posters Unfortunately for money makers i m not susceptible to suggestion so wouldn’t be a good candidate
So my answer is no I can’t help but I hope you beat whatever it is you’re trying to beat

janeainsworth Sat 24-Feb-18 23:33:06

I’m not sure whether your comment about our reactions being British was meant as a veiled insult, and I have no idea whether Eglantine is British or not, but mine was based on scepticism about dubious claims for miracle cures.
As Tim Michin put it, if alternative medicine worked, it wouldn’t be alternative. It would be mainstream.

From the link I posted:

Bioresonance is a non-invasive therapy which involves placing electrodes on your skin for diagnosis and treatment. The electrodes are connected to a Bicom machine which checks the energy wavelengths coming from your body, and then counteracts bad frequencies by restoring the optimum balance

So the body emits electromagnetic waves? Really?

From the same website:
The main use of Bioresonance is for treating the effects of toxins in the body
The body gets rid of its own toxins, through the kidneys.
Someone’s having a laugh, Broadwater

br0adwater Sun 25-Feb-18 08:31:36

No Jane, I'm very proud of being British, including our scepticism.
I think I'd share posters' scepticism regarding claims to cure disorders such as addiction. But having seen a chronic physical condition healed I would like to try it.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has used a uk practitioner.

harrigran Sun 25-Feb-18 09:09:20

Quackery. I would actually have to read the medical notes to believe that a person had been 'cured' of a chronic lung condition using it.

Eglantine21 Sun 25-Feb-18 09:27:01

Well, like I said, if anyone believes it will help them it probably will. Or at least they will believe that it has helped them.

I have, in my time, come across several instances of people believing they have been helped or even healed by different means. For some of them it was true, for others, sadly not true.

I think it would help with things like asthma if it induced calmness and with conditions related to stress. Belief and trust is everything.

It is linked with Scientology and lots of people believe in that. Actually the human capacity for belief and trust (especially in something they are paying for) is amazing!

Scribbles Sun 25-Feb-18 12:22:55

A thorough massage with some fragrant snake oil will probably be at least equally beneficial.

phoenix Sun 25-Feb-18 12:30:04

The reason I posted the link was purely because I didn't know what bioresonance was, and therefore did what (I think) most people would do, and googled it (other search engines are available).

Rather surprised that the OP didn't just do the same.

br0adwater Sun 25-Feb-18 13:16:34

Thanks Phoenix. I have searched quite extensively online but could only find ones like your link which are not in the same league as those on the continent. Hence the post to see if someone on Gransnet might have experience of a good one over here.

Thanks again anyway.

NanTheWiser Tue 07-Jan-20 16:54:40

Reported

BradfordLass72 Wed 08-Jan-20 05:03:21

The description of how this works sounds very similar to a TENS machine.

It was a TENS machine which got me walking again after a very nasty car accident which damaged my back.

craftyone Wed 08-Jan-20 09:14:57

we are made from atoms and every atom resonates in its own space. We are not really solid but are millions of resonating atoms, cleverly grouped to form working groups like organs. I have never heard of bio resonance but have heard of ways of healing that involve medicines that stimulate resonance so that energy pathways become free-flowing. Take acupuncture for example. A genuine energy healer needs lots of study 4+years and then some

Quakery is everywhere, salesmen who can suck in the desperate. A short course, some equipment and a nice advert

br0adwater Thu 09-Jan-20 14:56:34

I'm not sure how or why this old thread has popped up again but thanks for your thoughts. Not sure what Quakers have got to do with it though ...

JaelW Sat 21-Mar-20 15:26:24

I’ve just had a session in Hull, UK this morning. Is that close enough for you to get to?