Gransnet forums


tingling numbness in my face

(16 Posts)
Alexa Thu 14-Jan-21 14:43:30

My GP practice is not answering the phone, and online it requires me to be registered with a appointment making service that I have to register myself for at the practice.

111 says I should contact my GP.

Any ideas what to do next apart from Dr Google?

ginny Thu 14-Jan-21 14:47:16

Call 111.

Marydoll Thu 14-Jan-21 14:49:46

I agree. If you contact 111, they will assess you and if necessary organise treatment.

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 14-Jan-21 14:50:14

If 111 say contact the surgery then keep trying the telephone
Is your Surgery open , our was closed recently for a day, they told us via FaceBook , which isn’t helpful if you aren’t on FB.
Does your surgery have an email address?mark an email Urgent.
Hope it gets better soon.

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 14-Jan-21 14:51:29

OP says she has contacted 111, they said call GP

sharon103 Thu 14-Jan-21 14:53:42

I would ring 111

M0nica Thu 14-Jan-21 14:54:19

A&E or minor injuries clinic

sharon103 Thu 14-Jan-21 14:56:05

Call the pharmacy.

Marydoll Thu 14-Jan-21 14:57:31

If you cannot contact your GP, you can call back 111. My friend works in a doctor's surgery and they often receive calls from 111, asking them to see a patients, who have already been told there are no available appointments.

janeainsworth Thu 14-Jan-21 15:05:04

If you're registered with a dentist Alexa it might be better to see them.

BlueBelle Thu 14-Jan-21 15:07:57

Re ring 111 telling them the surgery is not answering your calls they will get a doctor to talk to you

lemsip Thu 14-Jan-21 15:13:23

I am not registered to book appointments online with my surgery but what can do is go on the site and am able to put name and d o b in ask a question of I tell my problem and submit and I get a response later that day by email with an appointment with nurse/doctor by phone or at surgery. I wonder if others can do that.

Luckygirl Thu 14-Jan-21 15:13:48

That is difficult as you can only register with the appointment making service with a code from your surgery; and to do that you need to contact the surgery. It is a bit like the song There's a Hole in my Bucket!

Your tingling could be anything from trivial to serious, so maybe you do need to talk to someone somehow. Have you tried your GP practice website to see what they say about contacting them at the moment - they may have the phones out of actions at certain times. If that is not the case then I really think you should just persevere with continually ringing them and trying to get through. Are you getting some sort of message when you ring, or does it just keep on ringing?

I get a numb side of face when I have a migraine.

Alexa Thu 14-Jan-21 15:27:03

That is interesting, Lucky girl. I did not know of association with migraine. I do get migraine not at all painful just the visual effects . I do not take much notice of these visual effects as not painful.

I suspect it is due to a pinched nerve as my cervical spine is collapsed enough to give me a hump.Just a little anxious my blood supply is being cut off.

Alexa Thu 14-Jan-21 15:30:47

I just got this reply from the dr's surgery:

"One of our receptionists will reply to you as soon as possible via email. We will try to respond to all queries within 2 working days. Please note that this service is not for urgent medical enquiries."

This should be okay as I have had this symptom on and off for a week or three.

Thanks Grans for all posts.

BlueBelle Thu 14-Jan-21 16:14:46

Lemsip that’s exactly how mine works and for non emergencies it seems a really good way of working I ve used it twice in the last year and both times I have had an answer by a phone call within 12 hours