Gransnet forums


Difficulty with myvwaterworks

(34 Posts)
Sparkling Thu 17-Jun-21 08:21:51

I have had problems passing water, I feel as if I want to then nothing happens, at times it has been very painful, I cut out all caffeine, spicy food and acid food. Last night my stomach swelled so much, I kept drinking water, all night just small amounts. Trying to get in touch with my doctor is hopeless, now waiting, 50 in queue. Last time hung on 40 and cut off.

Nannytopsy Thu 17-Jun-21 08:24:43

If you can’t get in touch with your GP, then perhaps a visit to A&E might be your answer.

Marydoll Thu 17-Jun-21 08:25:42

Phone NHS 24 and say you can get an appointment. They will offer advice and contact your GP for you, if they think it's necessary.. I hope you feel better soon.

FannyCornforth Thu 17-Jun-21 08:27:17

Gosh, your GP surgery sounds awful.
I do hope that you feel better soon; its a horrible thing to have.
I should think that you need antibiotics. All the best

BladeAnnie Thu 17-Jun-21 08:29:56

Goodness - it sounds like you need to see someone ASAP. Perhaps ring 111?

Mattsmum2 Thu 17-Jun-21 08:29:59

Oh no, horrible. Have you tried a cystitis over the counter relief until you can get to see a dr? Sounds like an infection so you probably need antibiotics, but I’m no dr so best to check. Good luck x

Nannytopsy Thu 17-Jun-21 08:30:03

Total inability to urinated may suggest a blockage and should be dealt with quickly.

Franbern Thu 17-Jun-21 08:32:22

Does your GP surgery use 'askmygp'? If it does, then you can post your problems on that, and a Doctor will contact you later in the day. Probably you have an UTI - but you do need to take a sample of your urine in a small container which has been firstly washed out with boiling water. Only when that has been tested at the lab, can something approaching a proper diagnosis be given.

travelsafar Thu 17-Jun-21 08:48:25

Go to A&E it sounds like either an infection or blockage. You definitely need to be seen by a medical person by the sound of it.

PinkCakes Thu 17-Jun-21 08:50:28

Sparkling There are treatments you can buy over the counter. Try something like that, be sure to drink about 4 oints or more a day, and perhaps consider changing GP surgery? 50 in a queue is terrible. 111 will be able to advise you further and may be able to get you an appointment at a walk-in place

kittylester Thu 17-Jun-21 08:54:08

Phone 111

shysal Thu 17-Jun-21 08:57:56

Public service adverts are asking people not to go to A&E these days, but to contact 111. I hope you get help soon.
A GP phone queue of 5 takes about 30 minutes at my surgery, so 50 is horrendous!

BlueSky Thu 17-Jun-21 09:21:31

Definitely 111 could be something else than an infection. The sooner you have it sorted the better.

Whiff Thu 17-Jun-21 10:07:54

Sparkling could be UTI or kidney infection. You need to see someone today. If you can't get hold of your GP do you have walk in clinics in your area. You can't just walk in but you could phone them . Or go to A &E. Because only carers can be with patients at A&E the waiting times are a lot less. I have found here you are triaged quickly and then see by a doctor. Because you can't pass water you will be seen quickly. They may have to use a catheter so be prepared.

I have had recurring UTIs and kidney infections since September. On waiting list for urologist. Luckily the antibiotics clear it up.

You need help today. Over the counter remedies haven't worked for me.

Sparklefizz Thu 17-Jun-21 10:29:15

Sparkling Get help immediately.

henetha Thu 17-Jun-21 10:33:54

Seriously, phone 111 as soon as possible. I've found them very helpful on two occassions.

dogsmother Thu 17-Jun-21 10:41:58

If you are not passing any urine you may have a very full bladder, do call as advised.

rafichagran Thu 17-Jun-21 10:49:18

Call 111.

Riverwalk Thu 17-Jun-21 11:18:23

Have you passed any urine since yesterday?

You need to call 111.

Chameleon007 Thu 17-Jun-21 11:44:34

My husband had this problem. Go to A&E ASAP. Even if you have to call an ambulance.

Redhead56 Thu 17-Jun-21 11:52:42

Sounds like you have cystitis or another water infection take in plenty of fluids. If you have blood pressure you can’t take medication bought over the counter because of salts. I am prescribed Nitrofurantoin by my doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

Kiwigramz Thu 17-Jun-21 11:55:55

Do get this looked into. In the meantime try drinking cranberry juice which can help relieve symptoms. Hope you feel better soon

sodapop Thu 17-Jun-21 12:30:15

If you are not passing urine Sparkling you do need to see a Dr, go to A &E if you don't get any help from your GP.

Kiwigramz I think the cranberry juice solution has largely been discounted now.

Whiff Thu 17-Jun-21 12:31:39

Kiwigramz sorry cranberry is a myth. I have been having a glass a day since 1996 after my total hysterectomy as I read it would stop UTIs . It doesn't. Only antibiotics will clear up UTIs and kidney infections.

Nancy0 Thu 17-Jun-21 12:36:57

I wouldn't hang about with that problem.... definitely go to A&E at least someone will see you. Good luck ...hope everything is ok