Gransnet forums

Local

Can you cope with Mother's Day?

(5 Posts)
Izabella Thu 02-Mar-17 12:46:16

I used to loathe it. I have no children of my own.. The local vicar ( please don't lump me in with the God Squad, it was in the parish magazine) wrote that mothering applied to anyone who mothered, cared or supported others. So these days it sits a bit easier with me since reading that. I have to say I still feel very alone on that day however. I stay at Home rather than venture out to watch all the families and mothers.

EnglishRose Wed 01-Mar-17 15:16:51

Coming up again soon, Mother's Day. flowers

Something to celebrate, or, family so far away?

What are your thoughts.

Angie44 Sun 07-Apr-13 12:39:41

I love Mother's Day- a lovely way to celebrate being a mum in all its multifaceted glory- I spent the day day helping my stressed daughter de-clutter her flat and then going out for a sublime meal (paid for by me- she's an impoverished student)!

GinnyTonic Tue 12-Mar-13 17:36:33

My only son, lives in Australia. He gets reminded by my hubby, so the flowers and phone call were lovely, but it doesnt get easier!

Madrigal Tue 26-Feb-13 12:33:09

Do you dread Mother's Day - afraid the kids will forget? Think it's too commercial? Or will you get flowers and lunch and lap it all up? Gransnetters air their thoughts here www.gransnet.com/being-a-gran/relationships/mothers-day