Gransnet forums

Local

Hello from Abingdon

(25 Posts)
claudy Thu 06-Oct-16 17:10:06

thank you I am not very good on the computer hope I will be able to find the link

boheminan Wed 05-Oct-16 15:53:58

Hi claudy. There's an active thread that's fallen off the bottom of the page headed Meet up in Oxford, where a bunch of wonderful Oxford area GN'rs are planning to meet up smile. I'll bump it for you....

claudy Tue 04-Oct-16 19:37:54

may be you could give us a time date and place and see how many of us turn up I for one would support if given a few weeks notice

boheminan Sun 02-Oct-16 12:35:51

Hello claudy. I'm still here! This thread keeps coming and going, but a few meet-ups have happened in between. I live in Abingdon and I know there are a few of us around this area - but trying to get us all together is akin to organising a proverbial in a brewery! (not Morland's, that closed years ago:-)

claudy Sun 02-Oct-16 10:19:35

Hi I live in Wantage and would love to meet up with other Oxfordshire Members

Leonora47 Sun 01-May-16 11:29:17

Thank you for your encouragement Shysal.
Bohemian and I met for coffee last week, and
agreed, after reading posts from the past, that a thriving local
group was a distinct possibility.
We became a group of three yesterday, and I'll give it another
week or so, (just in case more Oxfordians / Abingdonians make themselves known. ) I'll then begin to sort out dates for a second, larger get-together.
Of course, we would be truly delighted if you felt able to join
us.
Very best wishes,
Leonora.

shysal Sun 17-Apr-16 16:13:38

Don't be intimidated Leonora, it is a question which comes up automatically when a thread hasn't been used for a while.

I live in Wheatley, but am not very sociable, living up to my name!

Leonora47 Sun 17-Apr-16 14:18:22

As requested in today's GN update, I had another try to contact local Gransnetters.
The last entry was for April 2014.
It would appear that a few kindred spirit's had found each other, and skipped away into the sunset.
I had tried on several occasions to find someone from my area, (Abingdon)but found the final editor's note slightly intimidating.
It read, 'This is /was a dormant thread. Do you really want to reanimate it?'
So I slunk away, with my tail between my legs. ?

FlicketyB Thu 24-Apr-14 13:45:03

I live in Steventon, equidistant from Abingdon and Wantage. I have a car and can always give someone, or up to three local Gransnetters(Abingdon/Wantage) a lift. I have no regular commitments but I am away quite a bit as we have a house in France and DC/DGC in York and Hertfordshire.

I love The Lamb at Buckland, we go there several times a year.

dorcas1950 Thu 24-Apr-14 11:19:41

Hi, I am a new member, I live in Abingdon smile.

rosesarered Tue 08-Apr-14 19:50:50

Hi again Finch. Wallingford is no good for me I'm afraid, but hope you manage to find other people who can get there. smile

Finch Tue 01-Apr-14 17:14:11

Wallingford would be perfect for me as it is on the bus route from Reading to Oxford

rosesarered Sat 29-Mar-14 14:11:55

Are all you G'netters still around? I am near Abingdon too, and also near Witney, Oxford, Wantage. Does anyone want to meet up for coffee?

Grannyhen Mon 27-May-13 09:59:52

Hi there, don't know where Buckland is!! I'm in Oakley which is just in Bucks and have a car so can get around and maybe pick others up!!

scorpio Tue 07-May-13 18:30:29

Hi Bohemian

Would really love to meet you, but guess what! I haven't got a car either!
One of the chosen few round here! I could get a friend to take me to bus-stop to get to Oxford but there is no bus link between Abingdon and Buckland.

As I am partly disabled life has become more restricted. A good reason for social-networking, but not as good as actually meeting up! If you have a friend who could bring you I would be happy to offer you both lunch, otherwise I will plan for Oxford. I have a hospital appt on 20/5 which may lead to surgery to make me more mobile but not being given too much encouragement!

Do you use Facebook? My name is Susan Bittleston and I do use my FB page a lot!

Thanks for reply!

Susan

boheminan Sat 04-May-13 22:54:25

Hey scorpio - I'm up for a trip to Buckland - if there's buses that run out that way from Abingdon. The Lamb sounds good to me. (where the hell is everyone?:-)

scorpio Sun 28-Apr-13 20:01:23

What about a get-together in Buckland? Either at my place or at 'The Lamb at Buckland'? Please suggest dates.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are out for me because I have appts am. and run the after school art group at the village school. 'The Lamb' serves good food but one can just have a snack or a drink if better for you. Even a drink of water! It is very dog-friendly too!

Really hope to get some replies and let me know if Buckland is too difficult. Unfortunately the only transport I have is an all-terrain mobility scooter. great fun! - but has its limitations!

boheminan Sat 27-Apr-13 16:50:33

Abingdon's not far from Wallingford JudithG. I was there the other week - I think it's a lovely place - though not as lovely as Abingdon, of coursegrin.

JudithG Sat 27-Apr-13 10:33:05

Hello, I am in Wallingford, anyone local to me?

boheminan Sun 21-Apr-13 19:53:58

Waaahaayyy! We have lift-offgrin

grandimars Sun 21-Apr-13 13:10:22

Hello, I live in Wantage.

popinjay Wed 17-Apr-13 08:12:42

Hi there, I live in Didcot....

scorpio Tue 16-Apr-13 23:50:21

Would love to hear from members all over Oxfordshire. Where are you all? Love to hear your ideas or discuss your points of view - on more or less anything!

boheminan Thu 11-Apr-13 15:13:39

Hi baggpus - I live in Abingdongrin Off Ock Street...where are you?

baggpus Mon 08-Apr-13 17:49:06

As you can probably see I am new - are there not many members in Oxfordshire ?
I only ask as there are not many discussions open and those that are are for Banbury whereas I am in Abingdon
If you are in Abingdon I would love to hear from you