Gransnet forums

Local

Hi everyone

(8 Posts)
Fontana Fri 28-Feb-14 14:20:16

Hi Roxy27

Welcome to Gransnet Dorset, its pretty quiet on here at the moment, but we are hoping that we will have more members joining us everyday.

I am the new Dorset Editor and been in the job for almost 2 weeks :0)

I'm hoping as more people come along we can get a meet up organised...

Will keep you updated on our progress, in the meantime if you know anyone who would like to sign up to Gransnet Dorset that would be brilliant!

roxy27 Thu 27-Feb-14 17:51:20

Hello, I live in Poole and would love to meet up with other gransnetters although I do work part time.

Fontana Thu 13-Feb-14 19:19:37

Hello Everyone, don't despair! I start work on Monday as the local Dorset Editor for Gransnet Local, I have a full time day job in Dorchester, but my role is to try and get information on here, help make get togethers happen and probably lots of other things but I'm waiting for more instructions from GNHQ! My real name is Carole so feel free to message me.

page Wed 03-Jul-13 15:46:36

Hello Dorset people we now have four people on our local site,it seems we might just start to grow in numbers........i enjoy travelleing to differant towns and places (now i have a bus pass) but my latest adventures are on the train having purchased a senior railcard.my friend and i have visited Poole and Bournemouth of course, and also Bath and Bradford-on-Avon, it is so interesting picking up the brochures from the information centres, and then strolling around taking pictures looking and learning.we make a full day of these outings and have so many more on our list to do.it also gives us a lot to look forward to.when you live alone this is an excellant way to feel part of everything......

Natsnan Tue 02-Jul-13 08:52:54

Hello, we live in Bournemouth, have done for most of my life. It's a great place to be, beautiful countryside and the beach right on our doorstep.

page Sat 29-Jun-13 18:00:25

what a dissapointment i was expecting to see lots of messages from Dorset,but pleased to find you both on my doorstep. i live in weymouth but come under west dorset postal code.so qualify for both towns....i enjoy walking and belong to a walking group i also belong to the u3a i have lived here for 16years.it is a great place to live for a slow casual lifestyle...lets hope we can get more people interested in the Dorset side of gransnet maybe they just haven't noticed there is a local site...

emmasnan Sun 12-May-13 12:09:23

Hi, I live in Dorchester, love it here. Have 2 grown up sons and a grandaughter.

islandman Fri 10-May-13 17:51:59

My guess is that this website is little known, hence to posts, so what needs to be done is for you to call in everyday, if only to say "hi", if you say more, than maybe we can comment. I/we are in Weymouth, but have only been here for a little over three years.