Gransnet forums

Local

July North Yorks meet-up

(12 Posts)
YaYaJen Sun 04-Aug-13 11:29:34

Hi lujaha,

lovely to hear from you, I am looking at September for next meet-ups when school holidays are over.

It would be very helpful to know how you are fixed for transport and if you could possibly get to York or Scarborough to make a more central location for others, many have caring responsibilities or do not drive.

looking forward to seeing you soon

lujaha Sat 03-Aug-13 10:15:51

Are there any social gatherings planned for August or September in the Ryedale area ?

YaYaJen Sat 20-Jul-13 07:33:07

Pic from previous meet-up, I am at the back in a white shirt

https://www.facebook.com/events/281304515347175/

YaYaJen Tue 16-Jul-13 08:09:01

Final plans:

We are meeting 11am this Saturday at a lovely new café, Café Rustica down Barker's arcade, just off Northallerton High Street, run by a charming Brazilian (new dad) it is a little bit different though small. Then for lunch - for those who want to make a day of it - The Village Inn who do an amazing 2 course lunch for £7.95, they even change that menu every week.

Looking forward to meeting up with you Saturday. I f you would like me to meet you at the train station just let me know.

Jen

YaYaJen Mon 15-Jul-13 20:09:04

Hi Tiggypiro, will be lots more meet-ups, have a safe journey and hope the heat/ pollution isn't too bad..
I thought it was tough travelling to a Greek island out of season for the birth of both grandsons but Beijing beats that I guess

tiggypiro Mon 15-Jul-13 16:50:26

Just when something happens in my neck of the woods I will be unable to be there. I'm off to Beijing in the morning for a month to be there for the arrival of my latest Grandson next weekend. And before anyone says 'lucky you' - Beijing in Summer is !!*! awful. My daughters last baby was born in Beijing 4 years ago (his birthday today) and I requested no more Beijing summer babies and so what happens ................
It will be lovely to be there at a lovely time in their lives but I just wish it wasn't in summer and quite frankly not in Beijing !
Enjoy your meet-up.

chiefbottlewasher Sat 13-Jul-13 10:02:04

I will be there, at least for morning coffee not sure about lunch sorry

Stansgran Fri 12-Jul-13 16:19:32

Sorry yet again can't make it as I'm travelling back from north Wales. Enjoy.

YaYaJen Wed 10-Jul-13 10:20:28

Plan is to meet for coffee and cake in Northallerton 11am Saturday, 20th July, followed by lunch for those who want to make a day of it. Venues tbc when I know how many are coming.

Just reply to let me know you are coming and if you want to just come for morning coffee or lunch as well.

Lunch will £7.95 for two courses.

YaYaJen Sat 22-Jun-13 09:21:39

Hi NanaNel,

Thanks for letting me know.

looking forward to meeting up.

Jen

NanaNel Fri 21-Jun-13 13:56:25

I can make 20th. Weekdays are working days.

YaYaJen Thu 20-Jun-13 11:37:46

I have pencilled in either Friday 19th or Saturday 20th July, venue TBC just post which date suits you best.