Gransnet forums

Local

Meet Up in July

(6 Posts)
juneh Sat 14-Jun-14 09:13:27

How about getting together again in Truro on the Tuesday 1st of July. We could meet at the Lemon Street Café again unless anyone has a better idea. Shall we meet for lunch or afternoon Tea....either 12 or 2-30 suits me sir...what everyone fancies?
It has been lovely meeting up and making such a difference to my finding my feet here in Cornwall.
The Tuesday morning knitting group is a God send and lovely to knit and chat as we do.
Tea and cake yummy too smile

Pittcity Wed 25-Jun-14 13:00:44

I'd love to June but it's a bit too far smile

Hope you are doing well in your new home. Let us know if you are ever London way!!

juneh Wed 25-Jun-14 15:10:43

Meet up dates are 2nd July at 2pm at Lemon Street café upstairs in the gallery and then 28th July same venue but for lunch at 12md. Look forward to seeing you all there
xx June

Deedaa Wed 25-Jun-14 22:09:00

I left Cornwall 15 years ago sadly and I'm so jealous thinking of afternoon tea in Truro! Try looking up Truro Art Society juneh I had great fun with them and they always used to be a very friendly lot. I learned a lot from some of the talks and workshops they held.
When we first moved down we joined the Residents Association, the Community Centre Fund Raising committee and I joined the WI. We got assimilated into the community faster than you could say Mebyon Kernow !

dogsdinner Sat 28-Jun-14 17:55:05

Hope 2 July meeting goes well. Am sweltering in Greece at moment but will be back for 28th meeting. Anyone on holiday in Cornwall would be very welcome.

4i43 Mon 30-May-16 20:17:10

I have recently joined Gransnet, & didn't realise that there were local get togethers. It sounds a really good idea. Is there a group in the Mid Cornwall area - St Austell or Bodmin where you get together ?