Gransnet forums

Local

Free digital training sessions at EE in Bradley Stoke – Weds 12th November, 2 – 4 pm

(4 Posts)
constance Wed 01-Oct-14 09:51:37

I've been sent some info about some "techy tea parties" and there's one happening in North Bristol at the EE head offices in Bradley Stoke. It might be a bit like being taught to suck eggs for all of you, as you are all online already, but it's a free session all about things techie:

"EE’s digital champions will help you understand how easy it is to get online and all the benefits of being connected, like learning how to Tweet, saving money by paying bills online, or keeping in touch with family and friends. And there’ll be tea and biscuits of course. This programme is part of the company’s wider corporate responsibility initiatives and employee volunteering activity, this is not related to sales or marketing."

So it does involve free tea and biscuits grin and lasts for about an hour and a half. The "EE digital champion" is there to answer questions and help build people's confidence in using the internet and new technology. You can take along your own mobiles, laptops, tablets etc but they will also have kit there to show everyone.

If you are interested then contact Richard Gaskin at TimeBank, [email protected] or call 020 3111 0728.

It might be a chance to find out more about how to edit photos and things like that too - worth asking when you ring to book a place.

constance Thu 09-Oct-14 16:50:38

Here's a bit more info:
12th November – 2-4pm
26th November - 2-4pm

EE Offices, 2620, The Quadrant, Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4AQ – they have a number of offices here but these events are held in this specific building.

Maniac Thu 09-Oct-14 18:44:26

I'm doing a 10 wk computer course at Nailsea School.Most of us are over 60 and are not complete beginners.
I already feel it will be very useful.The tutors are very helpful.We have homework to do and can use school computers or take our laptop.
School is only 4 yrs old and very well equipped.

constance Sun 12-Oct-14 12:28:07

That sounds good. I wonder if they'd like to add their course info to the listings here?
Could you mention it?