Gransnet forums

Local

Facebook Page

(8 Posts)
Dianeayr Sun 23-Nov-14 21:39:31

Christine, that is my gransnet home page I mean https://www.facebook.com/home.php. Have you liked and followed my FB page? Posts will not show on my newsfeed unless you are? Still trying to sort my FB out, am going round in circles trying to access FB help. Will be speaking to somebody from Gransnet HQ this coming week, so hopefully will get some answers then.

Dianeayr Fri 21-Nov-14 10:10:52

Ok Christine, if you click on my FB icon you go to my newsfeed, to see posts from my followers and local pages I have interacted with you need to click on 'home'. Your post is not showing, not certain but I think I have to follow you too for your posts to show on my page. If you send me a friend request I will like your page and we can see if that works.

SladValleyChristine Thu 20-Nov-14 21:11:17

Thanks for following it up Diane. I'm sort of glad it wasn't just me getting it wrong! Let's hope it can be sorted out soon.

Dianeayr Tue 18-Nov-14 12:20:11

Christine, there is deffo a problem with my facebook page. I am seeing nobody's posts and I don't know why. Lucy, from GN HQ is taking a look for me to see if she can sort out what's going on. Will report back when I get some answers.

SladValleyChristine Sun 16-Nov-14 10:08:54

In an attempt to 'interact' with the Facebook page, I've posted a picture and a few words. I set it to 'public', but though it appears on my newsfeed, it doesn't appear on the Gransnet Gloucestershire's page. Any ideas?

SladValleyChristine Sun 16-Nov-14 07:57:46

Thanks Diane, will do!

Dianeayr Sun 09-Nov-14 21:23:56

Hi Christine, I think Facebook are a law unto themselves at times. The best advice I can give is if you occasionally comment on one of my threads or even just give it a like then you are deemed by facebook to be 'interacting' and more of my posts should show on your time line because of that. Hope that helps.
Diane

SladValleyChristine Sun 09-Nov-14 08:02:37

At our get-together, Diane mentioned that she puts updates on Facebook every day. I've had a look at the page, and have realised that only about one in six of those posts gets through to my newsfeed. That seems a shame! I don't know if there is something wrong with my settings, or if Facebook is randomly selecting/censoring what I see. Is it the same for everyone?