Gransnet forums

Local

Any one else heard from "Victor"?

(6 Posts)
constance Wed 07-Jan-15 09:49:57

I got this email today:

"Hello dear!
Happy new year, How are you doing today? Hope fine. My name is Victor Smirnov, I saw your email address in gransnet and I would love to get to know you better. I’m looking for a serious relationship with someone like you. What did you think? Please tell me more about yourself and what you think? So we can exchange pictures and know more about each other. I know we are seeking the same thing in life maybe we can give it a try and see. I am looking forward to be hearing from you and learning more about you. Till i hear from you again.

Thanks and God bless your week.
I am Victor "

So tempting to reply, just to see what pictures he wants to send me!

wink

sunseeker Wed 07-Jan-15 10:15:59

I didn't think anyone could get your email address from GN or was this a PM? I would contact GNHQ to let them know. I got a similar PM on another over 50s website, I deleted it and reported to the site administrators. As you are no doubt aware this is most likely a scam, it might be entertaining to see how long you can string him along before he realises you are smarter than he thinks!

Iam64 Wed 07-Jan-15 10:22:21

constance, I've reported your post, in case you haven't yet contacted GNHQ

constance Wed 07-Jan-15 15:19:44

cheers!
I emailed someone at gransnet.

I was wondering if Mr Smirnov supplies his own vodka...

Starling Wed 07-Jan-15 17:59:08

Hi Constance - yes I heard from Victor too, the exact same message.
I think maybe he has sent to local editors. I deleted him. Do you think it is a stealth advertising campaign for the vodka?!

constance Wed 07-Jan-15 20:15:31

ha ha - we could ask for a free sample