Gransnet forums

Local

Local Birmingham Meetup

(73 Posts)
frankie65 Mon 15-Jun-15 23:45:25

Is anyone interested in meeting up to have a coffee and chat? Somewhere central might be nice as most buses and trains go into the city centre. A day time or evening meet-up would give us the opportunity to chat and put the world right! Some suggestions for meeting venues .... Central Library, Edwardian Tea Rooms in Birmingham Art Gallery, Pavilions shopping centre or in one of the many hotel bars in the centre of Birmingham. What do you think?

newnanny Sat 07-Apr-18 19:19:24

Oh I have just noticed private message on tab blush.

newnanny Sat 07-Apr-18 19:17:53

Hi all, I could come to meet up on Thursday 13th April in Birmingham at 11am. I am not sure where BMAG tearoom is though. Can anyone enlighten me? If near to GC station I will come by train from Tamworth. I don't know how to PM people on Gransnet. Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Elrel Fri 06-Apr-18 23:21:01

Anyone thinking of meeting up at Grand Central or the Art Gallery?

Elrel Thu 01-Feb-18 08:15:10

Tuesdays not often possible for me - and I can’t sing! It sounds friendly though!

frankie65 Sun 28-Jan-18 20:58:32

Hi all

I am not sure if people are still meeting up in South Birmingham or not, but wanted to let you know about a group I run every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, Soup, Sandwich and Sing-a-long. Wondered if any grans would like to join us. It is a new group so the more the merrier! All for £4.00. Group meets in Selly Oak Methodist Church, Langleys Road B29 6HT. Call 472 5913 for further information if you are interested. Next meeting Tuesday 6th February 11.30 - 1.30

Elrel Thu 13-Apr-17 23:14:59

We're considering a Thursday in June next, 8th or 22nd but that won't be suitable for you, will it? It doesn't have to be a Thursday so maybe another day is a possibility.
Is there a morning or afternoon next week you'd like to meet at the PCafe/Artefact? I could do Tuesday, Wednesday after 2.30 or Friday afternoon next week.

gwen Fri 07-Apr-17 14:08:27

OK Elrel, let me know when you're and those others interested are free, and perhaps we can meet up soon.

Elrel Wed 05-Apr-17 23:25:20

Thanks, Gwen. Daytime is better for me.

gwen Wed 05-Apr-17 12:58:50

Hi Elrel and all
I won't be able to meet up with you all on Thursday 13th April due to grandchild care duties.
However, I know the P/Artifact cafe in Stirchley and would like to meet up there. I can do most weekday evenings except Thursdays, and weekdays other than Monday, Tuesday morning and of course Thursday. Hope to meet up soon.

Elrel Mon 03-Apr-17 01:29:34

Bump!

Elrel Mon 20-Mar-17 01:06:56

Great, really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hellobaby Tue 14-Mar-17 14:45:47

Good time for me, I should be able to make it, see you there

Elrel Tue 14-Mar-17 01:20:18

Good question, does 11 sound about right?

Hellobaby Mon 13-Mar-17 17:36:06

What time will the meet up be?

Elrel Mon 13-Mar-17 16:19:20

Blinko and I hope to meet up in BMAG tearoom on Thursday 13th April. I'll contact Tegan, Cranberry, and Nonnie whom I've previously met there.
Gwen, Hello baby and everyone else interested will be most welcome of course.

Gwen - I can be very boring about the 7GC and my 5 week old GGD anywhere! I'm in B38 so can easily get to Bournville. I'm also very fond of the P Cafe in Stirchley which is about to change its name to Artefact. Do pm me if you like an opportunity to meet more locally in South Birmingham.

gwen Tue 13-Sep-16 18:57:10

I would love to meet up with other Grannies....wondering if the meeting in the Edwardian tearoom led to a regular thing?
Are there any Grannies in the Bournville and surrounding area who would like to meet up more locally? Many of my friends don't have grandchildren and I'm boring them to distraction talking about mine!

Gwen

Hellobaby Tue 02-Aug-16 08:52:21

Anyone fancy a new meet up in Birmingham?

Elrel Thu 01-Oct-15 19:35:52

Frankie: change of venue: restaurant at top of John Lewis, furthest section from serving area, Nonnie says if you see the blue bull on the wall you're there!

Elrel Mon 28-Sep-15 20:59:23

Frankie65 - since I posted there have been other suggestions of venues on the other thread. The date and time are the same but, nearer the date, the venue may change, probably to The Green Room opposite the Hippodrome Theatre or somewhere in the new GrandCentral! Looking forward to meeting you on 22nd anyway!

Elrel Mon 14-Sep-15 15:28:50

11am on Thursday October 22nd in BMAG Edwardian tea room, I'll put a GN sign on a table in a corner on the left. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tegan Sun 13-Sep-15 15:10:28

Another meeting planned for 22 Oct; check out the gransnet main site for details if interested!

Elrel Sat 12-Sep-15 23:32:32

On a separate thread we are hoping to meet in the BMAG tea room again in October, 15th or 22nd. Tegan can't manage 15th so it looks as if it will be 22nd, hope that's ok with everyone who is interested in coming.

frankie65 Thu 27-Aug-15 11:01:31

I would be interested in meeting up if you are planning another one :0)

cranberry Thu 27-Aug-15 10:28:11

Would I be too soon to think about another meeting in a month or so before winter arrives? I think Tegan has plans to revisit Birmingham in a few weeks time.

Tegan Wed 19-Aug-15 15:12:47

Lovely lady from the cemeteries department has just sent me an old map of section H with our grave marked out on it. She'll do the same for you if you work out which Arthur Wood is 'yours' [if only I'd had the map yesterday; then again it was only 'being there' that has made it all clearer to me].