Gransnet forums

Local

IT help available in Cheddar and .... to knit a gro-bag?

(3 Posts)
CheddarBytes Tue 23-Jun-15 17:54:41

Hello local Gransnetters - I'm a newbie, with my first GD making an appearance in February. I can now relate only too well to some of the issues I have seen discussed, negotiating the minefields of relationships with DIL, the other Grandparents and the way my new GD already has me hooked.
The reason I've started this new thread, though, is because I saw an inactive forum about EE Digital Champions. Although you are all already online, there are occasions when everyone could do with a bit more help and, contrary to belief, if you can't work out how to do something on a computer, asking a five year old doesn't always produce the desired result! confused

I thought I'd let you know, for those within striking distance of Cheddar, there is a local registered charity, called IT for the Terrified. The name is tounge-in-cheek, it's for pretty-well anyone who needs a bit of help with any IT, this includes smartphones, tablets (any flavour), laptops (Microsoft, Chromebook and Apple), desktops and a variety of apps, from video editing to social networking, Windows Office suite, building a website and so on. The volunteers that offer support (I'm one of them) have a huge range of experience and do their best to make sure that customers go away feeling more confident. If any of you want to make any enquiries, if you contact IT4TT and say what help you need, you will be teamed up with a suitable trainer.
www.itfortheterrified.co.uk/index.asp

Meanwhile, as well as visits to GD, social life, and IT4TT, I'm getting on with my knitting. Has anyone any advice on knitting a gro-bag for GD? I've already knitted one but now it's too small and DIL has asked for another one. Is a gro-bag still suitable for a 6 months old baby? I'm not sure I can knit fast enough so could be adding exta inches on the length for the next eighteen years in the effort to catch up.

Hope to join you in Bristol in July.

constance Tue 23-Jun-15 23:38:04

Hello there CheddarBytes
Thanks for the info about the IT help and the link - if there are any events then do add a listing etc.

re the Growbag - I have never knitted one but I know my daughter used sleeping bags for her twins for quite a while to try and stop them climbing out of their cots. So they must have been about a year ols when they stopped sleeping in them. Not sure how long a knitted one would've lasted with them once they were bouncing around.

constance Tue 23-Jun-15 23:41:45

Oh, and hope to see you in July in Bristol for a coffee smile