Gransnet forums

Local

Winter

(11 Posts)
lucycakeface Mon 12-Oct-15 00:00:20

Just noticed that the nights are drawing in now and personally I hate winter, its just so depressing! I just wondered whether anybody else feels the same way or are you a winter lover?

Mrso Mon 12-Oct-15 15:08:29

I am not a winter lover I also find it depressing ..my first winter in Norfolk!

lucycakeface Mon 12-Oct-15 17:24:08

Oh Mrso it can get flipping cold here in Norfolk, especially in the Easterly winds, brrrr!

jojoba Mon 12-Oct-15 23:03:32

Best thing to wear up here in Norfolk is........long johns!! Under jeans, leggings or trousers, no one can see them and they are a Godsend!

lucycakeface Tue 13-Oct-15 13:19:26

Jojoba, I have a good collection of body warmers too!!!

Mrso Tue 13-Oct-15 21:21:52

Should be fun.. forecasting hard winter this year!!

lucycakeface Wed 14-Oct-15 15:51:13

Lets hope its the usual Daily Express winter warning, because that never comes, along with the heat wave warnings unfortunately!
Feeling pretty low today with the rain and darkness. I've been in to town and signed up to work in the charity book shop, hopefully it will keep my spirits high having some company to laugh with.

Mrso Wed 14-Oct-15 17:49:57

Weather grim here at moment...one thing I have noticed about Norfolk when it rains it really rains!

downtoearth Thu 15-Oct-15 13:57:47

its been raining stair rods swaffham way.....I dont like snow and dread getting cut off in the village from civilisation with a power cut ...

Mrso Thu 15-Oct-15 17:27:24

I hate snow and ice invested in grippers that go over bottom of your boots to stop you slipping. I have a dread of slipping over!

lucycakeface Tue 10-Nov-15 20:31:49

Me too Mrso, its one if my biggest fears. Luckily enough we are having a very mild winter so far, so fingers crossed for none of the dreaded white stuff!