Gransnet forums

Local

Noisy Quad Bikes!

(3 Posts)
lucycakeface Sun 29-May-16 20:56:31

Today we have had to suffer hours of it plus numerous adults and kids joining in. I think they think they are the Beckhams!
We have just had a summerhouse erected and I have just gone off the thought of ever sitting in it. I am so cheesed off about it as I love my garden.
I think Hubby id going to have a polite word with them soon. Then we will see if things get better.

rubylady Sun 29-May-16 03:51:25

I've no idea if it is illegal but it must be annoying for you. We spend money on doing gardens up to our taste and then find that we are polluted by noise we don't want. I have had neighbours out with kids screaming and general get together noise today (Sat) so it meant I couldn't go out and enjoy my new swing seat too. I think some people just don't think. But then I was more of a party animal 10 years ago and was probably doing exactly the same and annoying our old neighbours. blush

lucycakeface Sat 28-May-16 23:59:32

My neighbours have just bought a quad bike and have been racing it round their garden all day. We only sat in the garden for a little while today, but it was really noisy. I am not against anybody enjoying themselves but I have a feeling that our quiet moments of relaxation in the garden are just about to be banished!
Does anybody know if this activity is illegal in a residential area? The neighbour on the other side of us is also pretty cheesed off.angry